Chapter 2

When Sinn ended the conversation and came around the car, I expected him to at least roll down the windows, wave his goodbye to everyone and then pull away just to be kind. But no, he just started up the car and sped away as if someone was shooting at the car.

I fidgeted in my seat, wondering how to sit down comfortably in this dress. Being so closed off from people with the life my family led had its perks, meaning I didn't have to communicate with others. But moments like this made me feel awkward, I didn't know how to act, what to do, what not to do.

So when Sinn spoke up, I froze immediately.

"Turn the air conditioning on, it's hot as fuck in here." He ordered. I gulped, watching him out of the corner of my eye as he loosened his tie and brought it over his head before throwing it onto the dashboard. He ran his hands through his hair, messing it up a little bit and the chaotic look made me slightly widen my eyes.

Then he looked at me, "Well? Are you gonna do it or should I?"

"Oh," I averted my gaze over to the many buttons, searching for the one that had the letters AC on it. Finally, I found it and saw that the fan on Sinn's side wasn't quite facing his way so for brownie points, I turned it towards him, adjusting over and over until the air made his dress shirt slightly move.

When I looked back at his face, he stared at me with his eyebrows pulled together in confusion, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I nodded and leaned back in my seat. I found myself already making it a habit to fidget with the band on my finger and looked down at it. Then I switched my gaze over to Sinn's then back to mine and had a thought, "Can we trade?"

"What?" He stopped at a red light and looked at me.

"Our bands, not the actual ring. Yours doesn't have any diamonds on it," I pointed out.

"You want to trade the one with diamonds for the one without diamonds?" He confirmed.

"Yes?" Well when he says it out loud like that, I sound stupid.

"Why?"

"So we can match. I mean, I know we already are because they're gold but wouldn't it be cool if we both had one that had diamonds on it instead of me having all of them?" I shrugged, taking the main ring off and setting it on my lap before taking the thick band off as well and gesturing for him to give me his hand.

He did, a curious look on his face as I pulled his ring off and replaced it with mine then placed what used to be his on my finger and placed my hand in front of his. He put his hand out beside mine and I smiled, "See, isn't that better? We're sharing the diamonds now."

When I looked at his face, his eyes were flickering between our hands. He gave a slight nod in agreement then started driving again. For the rest of the ride, we were silent, sitting in an uncomfortable, tension-filled silence that I begged every second to be over.

I contemplated starting up a conversation at some points but backed out when I realized I already talked so much in the last one that he probably got annoyed. The longer we drove, the more hope I lost that he'd spark one up but nope, he was as quiet as a muted TV.

So when we finally pulled into a really fancy, highly secured parking garage that had five checkpoints where Sinn had to put his fingerprint to get in, I was extremely relieved. A bit intimidated but relieved nonetheless.

"Very high-tech," I mumbled to myself when we got past the last one and pulled into the only empty parking spot. The rest were filled with even more, fancier sports and luxurious cars.

Sinn got out of the car and started walking around to my side then pulled my door open before reaching his hand out for me to take. I stared in shock but accepted his gesture. We started heading over to the elevator that I stared at in awe when I saw that it had glass doors.