18. WHAT HAPPENS IN TIMORA, STAYS IN TIMORA

Start from the beginning

They were in the city's main prison and Louis had already sent a message to Liam via one of the guards. Having the lord Payne sr.'s  adoptive son and  lord Payne jr.'s brother as your partner had its perks.

But he was still a bit angry with Zayn. "All you had to do was look away! Honestly Zayn, one of these days you're gonna get us all killed!"

"But it was a Kiwi!!" Zayn argued back with an adorable pout. Louis was still learning to fight that look. Liam was an expert though. "I didn't know how crazy these alphas can get? Not that any alpha is not crazy to begin with in the first place!"

"Hey! I am an alpha!" Louis pointed out indignantly.

"And this opposes my argument how?" Zayn rebutted.

Louis just shook his head. There was no point reasoning with Zayn. He did what he wanted. And Louis wasn't too worried about the prison situation either. It was scary how much both of them relied on Liam to help them out.

The alpha sighed. "It's just ... we missed the envoy. This meeting was really important. I had to make a positive impression! Landing ourselves prison is not positive."

Zayn crawled over the earthen floor and sat down next to him and draped his arms around his shoulders. "My dear brother, the ship of good impression sank the moment you arranged the meeting to be held in Timora in the first place."

Louis blinked. Zayn certainly made a valid point. But Louis just wanted to make it convenient for the Carnelian. And Timora was right on the border.

His train of thoughts crashed as the door was slammed open and the warden dragged in another boy, who seemed even younger than Zayn. If  Louis had to guess, they were in the delinquent teenager part of the prison.

Both he and Zayn looked on with curiosity at the new arrival. The boy was clearly agitated and nervous as he kept repeating that there had been a grave mistake till he was roughly shoved into the cell. His eyes were the color of carnelian stones and he was wearing a heavy cloak which covered his hair completely, much like Louis's own.

Once the guard had left, mumbling about adolescent terrorists, the boy turned his attention to his cellmates. His body went stiff and he seemed extremely jumpy. He just stood there for a moment with judgement heavy in his eyes before finally letting out an exasperated huff and sitting down tensely where Zayn had once been sitting, as far away from the duo as possible.

"You don't need to be wary of us," Zayn said calmly, before lowering his voice. "I am an omega too and I swear my brother I pose you no harm."

Both Strange Boy and Louis both jumped back in alarm and confusion.

"How did you know?" They asked at the same time and then met each other's gaze. Strange Boy's cheeks turned pink and he looked away, preferring to glare at Zayn instead. Louis also looked away and cleared his throat. Even though most of the boy's face was covered in shadows, he was still extremely pretty. Which wasn't all that important. Nope...Not even a little bit!

'He is an omega too.' His brain supplied.

'Shut up.' Louis supplied

Zayn simply looked from one convict to another. A shit-eating grin slowly blooming. "I am skilled at the healing arts and my intuitions are good." He answered. "I simply read your body language... and other things..." Zayn smiled innocently at the boy and too Louis's horror, he happily added, "And just in case you were wondering, this alpha right here is single and available!"