Chapter 16 - Confrontation

---June 9, 2012 - 11:46 AM---

Back in New York, Enterprise began to spend the next few days working as a department store employee. Despite she has little social skills, she was able to open up and start short conversations with a few employees with help from Helena. Winston Kapoor and Neath Sutherland; the two who Enterprise greeted, also assisted with her efforts and they soon got along, despite Enterprise's reclusive and reserved behavior. As discount week is approaching to a close, she along with Richard, Helena, Nate, and Sebastian worked hard in keeping the store in order, allowing customers to buy their appliances, fashion products, clothing, and much more. Since Enterprise and Laffey are reunited, it made her becoming more and more motivated, and was able to overcome through the challenges in her new world during the final days of the Discount Week.

Only issue is that since Bryan Reedus finds out that Laffey had been heavily drinking and she often sleeps, she couldn't officially work with either Enterprise or Richard at the store, which is why she would often spend her time in his house, sometimes looked after by either Sebastian or Helena while the rest worked hard during the final days of the Discount Week.

By June 12, the discount week is finally over, and the prices on all the products they are selling are now back to an original price. The number of customers are now back to what it used to be like the prices have never gone down. There are only just a moderate number of shoppers, but now that the prices are so expensive, people from low-income neighborhoods could not able to buy from the department store in SoHo District unless if they have over thousands of dollars stashed. Some of them, however were able to buy the products, but they all focused on small store appliances and low-grade items.

There were only at least 5 racial incidents in only a week, only 2 were able to get attention by the local news media. Enterprise/Lulie Winters could see that it is discrimination, but since she was still learning how to use the internet and she is from a different world, she doesn't know why the people the news called them "White people" were attacking people in color, or any African-Americans in the store during the Discount Week, and not to forget, Helena Mizuno was also a victim in one of these racial discrimination cases because she is half-Japanese. But already, she became more wary and suspicious of one guy... And that is Richard Ambrose....

She discovered that Richard Ambrose was a former police officer. Though she had heard from him numerous times, especially on TV, but by going to a Wikipedia article, it confirms his identity of his former past. He is originally from North Carolina in 1973, and he was involved in a serious incident on November 28, 2005 involving him and his senior partner when he was a police officer, which led to him being sent to prison, and getting fired from the NYPD less than 2 years later. It had gotten significant media attention at that time, which Enterprise was able to look up on online news articles via sources/citations; found in most Wikipedia articles to make sure if this is true or not, which it is.

Enterprise felt he hadn't been telling to her about his true self, and he had been keeping secrets, something that she doesn't take it lightly, and hated... And now, she plans to break it into him and confront him at the most possible place at the most possible time.

---June 12, 2012 - 3:05 PM---

Right now, Richard Ambrose and his friends, as well as Laffey and Enterprise, are packing up their bags for Coney Island Beach. They had already changed into summer clothing with swimsuits worn underneath, and they are excited.

"Alright guys, today we can finally head to the beach for a swim and to cool ourselves, the Discount Week has been taken a toll on us..."

"Agreed," said Nate. "All this work, restocking, lifting heavy things in the morning, and my head... It's all about lots of people more than we could keep up mate..."