The story has just started.

The sound of irregular heart beat was too loud for Leo. She felt like her ears would start bleeding if she were to hear her own heart beat any longer.

Her consciousness was awake but her body refused to move. She had to use all of her strength just to open her eyes. Her heavy eyelids threatened to close every time she forced herself to stay awake.

Her breath came out in short gasps. The pain didn't quite settle in her mind until she noticed that there was a huge lake in front of her.

A gurgling sound came out of her throat as soon as the pain in her chest flared. Her numb fingers curled around the fabric of her dress trying to rip her heart out if that meant that the pain would go away.

She gasped and cried out to lessen the burning in her heart but with each passing second, it only increased.

She couldn't tell how long she was lying on the snow but her entire body felt numb. Her teeth clattered due to the cold. Yet,she forced herself to sit upright.

She was dangerously close to the water, so close that her feet was touching the dark liquid. It was almost scary how the water wasn't even frozen solid. Unlike other lakes, the water was pitch black in colour.

Even though Leo couldn't see anything, she could tell that some presence was churning deep inside the water body; something evil. It was calling her, luring her into its clutches.

She shook her head in order to clear her mind. Her eyes looked around the place she was. There was no one around her, not even Andrew and Helena. She was all alone.

Ignoring the numbness in her body, she pushed herself to stand up on her feet. The pain was excruciating.

Not a minute passed when she was on her knees again. Hot tears pooled her eyes. It was impossible to walk when she felt like thousands of glass shards were being stabbed into her entire body.

She curled her fingers around the snow and tried to bite back a loud curse. A loud cough shook her entire body.

Her eyes widened in horror as she watched her own crimson blood stain the white snow beneath her. With shivering hands, she dabbed under her nose feeling the red liquid coat her lips and run down her chin.

She brought her bloody hand in the line of her sight. It looked horrible. Another scream escaped her lips when the huge wave of pain washed over her entire being. She fell on the ground, twisting in agony.

"Please," she whispered hoarsely, "just kill me."

"All beautiful things are created through destruction."

Leo stiffened after hearing the unknown voice. She had heard it once, a long time ago when Tom had taken her to a lake back at the orphanage. The memory was pushed away in the deeper parts of her mind, never giving a second though to it.

She almost forgot how terrifying that voice was. It was not one voice but a thousand whispering all at once. Not a single speck of emotion could be detected from it. It was harsh, painful, a trigger for the burning in Leo's heart.

But it was luring her in once again.

Despite going through all the pain, Leo was up on her legs. Her eyes were wide open, yet she couldn't see. Her feet moved on its own, not once doubting herself.

"You have grown to be a strong lady. Just not strong enough."

The dark waters glowed with every word. The light purple hue of the lake was hypnotising. The magic surrounding her was familiar. It was similar to her own but much more powerful.

"Today, you will be reborn. You will become what I created you for."

Leo wanted to protest. She didn't want to become anything. She didn't want what the lake was offering to her. She just wanted to go back to Tom. But she was already knee deep in the water.

"You will take my powers. All of it."

No, she didn't want them. She didn't want to become more of a monster than she already was. She wanted to turn back and run to Tom. But she was nose deep in water.

There was no turning back.

"You will be re build from the bones to the flesh. A better version of me, my daughter."

Just like that, Leo was gone. Gone forever.

Whatever creature would emerge from the lake won't be Leo any longer. She would become the most powerful enchantress meant to continue her mother's legacy. Take over the world and turn it back to how it was before.

Humans would be below her, worshiping her for she would be the absolute being. She would destroy whoever would cross her path. She would destroy the entire realm to create a new ideal, a new way of living.

She would bring back the dark times and no one would be there to stop her.

This was what Leona Hart was made for. This was her fate. She was never brought back to the magical world to save Voldemort. Voldemort didn't even bend realities to visit her. It was simply a trick of magic.

A twisted way to lure her back to her own reality.

Tom Riddle was always meant to die. This time, it wouldn't be in the hands of the boy who lived. It would rather be in the hand of the girl who was reborn.

The girl who melted his heart.

The girl whom he learned to love.

ⱧɆ Ɇ₦Đ

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒾𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓎 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒸𝓉𝓊𝒶𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹.