Chapter 11: That's my Saturday

When I arrived at my cottage that night, I went straight to my room. I laid in bed staring at the cold ceiling. A person that was practically right next to me, had slipped from my grasp once again. I shifted uncomfortably in my bed. As I turned my body to face the other direction, I hugged my (favorite stuffed animal) close, falling fast asleep right after.

When I awoke the next morning, I was thankful it was the weekend. A picnic was the perfect outing to the start of a new weekend. I really didn't want to do anything, especially after the whole Ikuya situation. I felt so defeated. Just then my phone buzzed and I perked up immediately when I was met with a text from Asahi.

.•° ✿ °•. Text message thread! .•° ✿ °•.

"Hello! Is this y/n?"

"In fact it is! Hi Asahi.

"Hi y/n, how's it going?"

"Not too bad. I'm thankful it's finally the weekend."

"You can say that again"

I giggled when I read his text.

"So what are you up to today?"

"Well, sadly I have to work today 😭buuuuuuutttt some of the guys and I decided we should go shopping for some new swimming gear after work.

"Oooo that sounds fun! Who's going to be there?"

"Hmmm let's see. Looks like Makoto, Haru, Kisumi and Ikuya."

My heart skipped a beat when I read his name.

"Woooow, quite the group you have going on there. Who's Kisumi?"

"Haha, couldn't agree more. Kisumi's this guy that plays for a basketball club. I have no clue why he decided to tag along when we're obviously shopping for swimming gear. But it is what it is."

"Haha, he seems pretty interesting. I'll have to meet him sometime."

"I think you of all people would like him a lot honestly."

"Anyways, what are you up to today y/n?

"Nothing much honestly. I was planning on lying in bed all day until you texted me."

"I see."

"I do wanna do something today though"

"Hmmm... Oh, I know!"

"What is it Asahi?"

"Going out with a group of five will be difficult. Since we'll all be together, that'll mean that one person will always be left to "third wheel" a conversation. So that being said, why don't you come be our sixth person y/n?"

"Wait, are you serious?"

"Of course I am, I wouldn't be asking you if I wasn't"

"You have a point there haha. But wouldn't it be weird having a girl? I don't want things to get awkward or anything. Besides, I don't really swim either so shopping for swimming gear wouldn't really make much sense."

"Oh you'll be fineeeeee. Besides, don't tell any of them I told you this, but we all really took a liking to you when you came to order from the cafe. There aren't any romantic feelings, at least I don't think (but I can only speak for myself). We all really like you y/n. I can speak for all of us when I say that we would all really appreciate spending more time with you!"

"You're all too sweet hehe. Alrighty then. I think I know what I'm doing today. I'll come :)."

"Yayyyy! You're the best y/n, I can't wait to see you there! We're going to the shopping mall close to Shimogami U. We'll all be meeting there at 3:00. I'll see you there!"

"Alright sounds good. Bye Asahi! I can't wait!

And just like that my Saturday was booked. I'd be lying if I said that the feeling wasn't mutual. I'd love to spend more time with all of them. And even though I feel guilty for admitting it, I really wanted to spend more time getting to know Ikuya