Chapter 8: Let's go on a picnic!

When I woke up the next morning, I couldn't help but smile like a complete idiot the whole time I was getting ready for school.

I was finally on my way out the door and was greeted by the fresh smell of the forest. I smiled with a sigh and left the note I had written last night taped to the door with writing on the outside addressing it to IK.

"I hope he gets it." I thought dreamily to myself. For once in my life I couldn't wait to get to school to tell my friends all about it.

.•° ✿ °•. Timeskip .•° ✿ °•.

Upon arriving at school, my friends rushed to meet me at the front gates.

"Y/N, we were thinking of enjoying a picnic today at the local park," my friends explained.

"Yeah, and the weather's supposed to be really nice today too!" another one of my friends chimed in.

Having a picnic sounded like such a great idea. It would definitely help to get my mind off of school and convince me to enjoy some quality time with my friends.

"Sure! That sounds awesome." I smiled at them, causing their faces to brighten even more than they already were.

"That's perfect! We were planning on being a party of five us three and then (f/n) and (other f/n). We plan to go home to change and then make our way to the park by 5:00." My best friend explained to me, sounding like she was about to explode from happiness.

"Sounds like a plan. I can pick up some snacks and drinks before I head over to the park," I explained to the both of them with a reassuring smile. They both chuckled at me and gave me a little nod. I was happy I could finally spend more time with my friends. No more worrying about school for the rest of the day and no more thinking about Ikuya. Now, I couldn't wait for the school day to be over.

.•° ✿ °•. Timeskip .•° ✿ °•.

After a loooonnnggg day at school, it was finally time to get home and get dressed. I practically ran out of the classroom and bolted out of the school, given how excited I was. School ended at 3:00, which gave me exactly two hours to get home and get dressed. I decided that I would wear something cute yet comfy (picture included below!).

Once I arrived home, I threw on my pictured outfit. It took a little bit of modification, but after perfecting the outfit, I grabbed my house keys and ran out the door. I went to the closest food mart and picked out some picnic-worthy snacks. In the group chat I shared with my friends, a list appeared that indicated what needed to be bought. It felt like I was taking an order, given all the things I had to buy and check off the list.

As I was looking around the store for something to buy for myself, I turned the corner into the snack aisle. Next thing I know, BAM! I'm on the floor with all the drinks and snacks scattered out of the basket I was holding. As I immediately went to pick everything up, a familiar voice asked if I was alright and if I needed any help. They followed me to the floor, helping return everything to my basket before I could give the usual "it's alright, I'm fine!" as an answer.