Chapter 6: That cute girl from the cafe

Just to let y'all know, this situation would likely happen after the whole meeting Ikuya for the first time in Tokyo and Hiyori being Hiyori situation. Enjoy :)  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ikuya's POV

"Hiyori, do you think you could time my laps for me? I want to see if my individual time has improved at all." I asked him as I walked to the pool area with him.

"Oh yeah for sure! Just let me know when you're going to start," he replied smiling.

As I jumped into the water and got ready to start practicing my butterfly stroke for the individual medley, I got Hiyori to start the timer and started swimming as soon as I heard the go.

Something felt different about the way I was swimming today. The water felt like it was flowing more than usual and I felt like a mermaid, swimming freely through the water. When I returned back from my final lap after completing freestyle, I took off my goggles and swimming cap, shaking the water off of my face. When I looked up expecting to be met by Hiyori's hand to pull me out of the water, I was surprised to see the captain's hand (idk his name sorry >.<) instead.

"Oh sir," I said as he pulled me out of the water.

"It looks like your individual time has improved by quite a lot today Kirishima. It looks like something's keeping you awfully motivated. Keep up the good work!"

"Sir!" I exclaimed bowing my head slightly as he walked away.

At that moment, Hiyori walked up to me standing next to me with his arms crossed.

"So, you gonna tell me why and how you got so fast all of a sudden?" Hiyori asked with a slight smirk pulling at the side of his smile.

"I-it's nothing I guess, I just feel a little more motivated today that's all," I replied looking away avoiding Hiyori's eyes.

"And why might that be?" Hiyori looked at me.

I just shrugged my shoulders and began speed walking away to get into the water once again and continue practicing my swimming strokes. I didn't want anyone to acknowledge the pink blush that had now consumed my face.

Truth be told, my motivation had peeked ever since my encounter with the cute girl from the cafe. I couldn't get her sweet face and pretty name out of my head. I had longed to see her ever since my first encounter with her, it's a shame I didn't have the courage to ask her for her number. She was all I could think about for the rest of practice. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's the end of this chapter UwU. Ik this chapter's kinda short but just to keep y'all updated I'll definitely make sure to write more parts for this story since it's a long weekend (yaayy!). If you're still awake right now, welcome to the party. I can't and don't want to sleep either ;)