Chapter 7: More flowers?

Sorry for not updating this story in a while y'all >.< pls, forgive me! I hope you enjoy this chapter <3 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I neared my cottage walking home from the cafe, the sun had already begun setting. As I turned the last corner of the street, I stopped to admire the beautiful blending colors of the setting sky.

"Wow, it's as breath-taking as always." I sighed to myself.

I continued walking in the direction of my cottage, taking my time as I was in no big rush. The air that surrounded me was chili, but the fresh smell of the air forced me to appreciate how wonderful it is to live in the middle of nowhere in the woods. I neared the steps of my cottage taking notice of a pile of, what looked to be leaves, sitting there waiting on my doorstep.

"Hmmm, that's funny. I don't remember the weather predicting it to be windy today." I thought to myself, thinking that a pile of leaves had perhaps ended up on my doorstep after a gust of wind blew by.

When I arrived at my doorstep, I was slightly horrified yet intrigued to find more roses sitting at my doorstep.

"N-no way! This can't be happening again." I exclaimed to myself as I quickly entered my cottage closing the door behind me.

I panted as I sat on the floor observing the beautifully delicate flowers. They were a pretty shade of f/c, making me smile. I quickly snapped out of my fantasy when I realized that there was a probability that these flowers could have been a trap that a predator set. I was horrified at the thought but noticed another note attached to the flowers. For some strange reason, this eased my mind. I got up off of the floor and sat down at the table. I opened the note and it read:

"I have absolutely no clue what you look like, but your cottage is in the middle of nowhere and I must say, your taste in colors is amazing! They all work so well together. I promise I'm not some creepy forest pervert that's trying to stalk you, but I thought that maybe we could get to know each other a little bit. I believe you got my other bunch of flowers and I hope you liked them. Here's a starting question, what's your favorite animal?" and it was signed 'IK'.

I found the note so sweet and I was so relieved to discover that the person leaving flowers on my doorstep, wasn't some creep forest pervert. My gut was telling me to answer with a note back. I had never heard of anyone with the initials 'IK', but I was determined to figure out who those initials belonged to. At that moment, I got up from my dining table and rushed to my room. I got out a cute letter set that was my favorite color and wrote a note back. It read:

"Hello IK, it's nice to meet you but not really since I don't really know what your face looks like haha. Your note was very sweet and I'm happy to have discovered that you are not some creepy forest pervert. My favorite animal is (insert favorite animal) and it would be really cool to get to know you too! Here are my starting questions for you, what is your favorite animal and how did you find out about my cottage?" and it was signed y/n.

My heart was beating faster and my palms began to sweat. Not because I was anxious or nervous, but rather because I was happy that I had found a writing buddy. Even though I didn't know what this stranger looked like, I felt this immediate attraction to him. Almost like I had met him somewhere before. I went to bed peacefully that night, knowing that now I had someone to look forward to writing to instead of constantly worrying about finishing assignments for school right when I get home. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------