𝟬𝟱𝟬 | 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝙂𝙄𝙏𝙄𝙑𝙀 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Stop apologising, Lola"

"Stop apologising, Lolita. You haven't done anything" Rosa snapped

She held back another apology as she picked up her mug, nodded and left the room making her way to her desk feeling rather deflated.

>><<

"Okay, we need to figure out whether this crash was an accident or part of a deliberate escape plan," Holt says as he approached Gina's desk where Lola was sitting, somewhat listening to Rosa and Gina's conversation as she flicked through the file she had put together. "Gina, I need you manning the tip line" He orders

"Ha-ha Good luck talking to the crazies" Rosa laughed

"Crazies? Oh, Rosa. Sad Rosa" Gina sighed, placing her hands on the sides of Rosa's face. Behind her back, Lolita rolled her eyes when Rosa didn't push her away like she usually would. "Have some respect for your fellow human beings" She said, tapping Rosa's cheek before dropping her hands.

"What has gotten into you?" The tallest woman wondered.

"Solange just posted a video of a Kenyan human rights activist, Abdala, and I realised he and I are the only two people that can save the world. I am so excited" Gina smiles and she backs away slowly, leaving the three detectives in confused silence.

"Okay... so, there are only two witnesses who were close enough to the crash to see something" Lola states as she looks through the file in front of her. "I contacted one of them and he's on his way here already. His name is Marshawn Lynch..." She says before looking up at her girlfriend, anticipating a reaction. Rosa let out a gasp.

"Marshawn Lynch?" She questioned, eyes wide as she looked between Lola and Captain Holt who had come to stand behind her to read the file. "Marshawn Lynch the football player?"

"It doesn't state his hobbies. It just says here he's unemployed" Holt answers, looking up from the file.

"Retired" Rosa and Lolita say in sync. The latter couldn't care about sports or sports stars any less than she already does but spending a lot of time around Rosa, who knows way too much about both, she knows a few things. "We're not getting anything out of him. He's always getting fined for refusing to talk to the press. He's kind of one of my heroes"

"I feel like talking to the press and getting asked by detectives about witnessing a crime are two very different things" Lolita comments, mostly talking to herself though Captain Holt nods his head in quiet agreement

"It might be tough and might take a while but I'm sure he'll open up"

Rosa shakes her head. "Sir, there are some vaults you just can't open"

"How hard can it be?" Lola scoffs

>><<

"I ain't seen anything" Marshawn Lynch states as he sits in front of the three detectives standing behind the Captain's desk. Lolita rolled her eyes as Rosa looked down at her with a smirk that screams 'I told you so'... Unfortunately adding to the small detective's worries about annoying her. "I was eating my quesadilla" He smiles. "It was a good one. Chicken, cheese, guac. But they forgot my pico de gallo."

5 minutes later

"I remember when I was a little boy, my mama used to make this, uh, she used to call it 'fo' cheese.' What y'all call it? Y'all call it 'four'?"

12 minutes later

While Lolita has taken a seat in the Captain's chair, swaying side to side, Rosa's eyes widened as she paced the floor, completely over her heroes boring ranting and chatting.