𝟬𝟱𝟬 | 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝙂𝙄𝙏𝙄𝙑𝙀 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦

Start from the beginning

"I do care but I'm comfy now. I'll leave in 30 minutes."

"You're time management isn't the best. 30 minutes will turn into an hour." Rosa pointed out, covering her mouth to prevent a yawn from escaping.

>><<

"Yes, thank you" Captain Holt spoke as he ended the phone call, looking directly at Lolita. She had been sitting there almost an hour working on her grammar after getting a small lecture on the importance of time management because she got there at nine... an hour and a half later than the agreed-upon time.

"What's wrong, sir?" She questioned as he moved to pick up the papers that came through the printer in the corner of his office. "Follow me" Holt ordered making her instantly get up from her seat and rush out of the office after him.  "All right, everyone. Listen up" He called out. "We have a situation. Ten minutes ago, a prison van overturned on Nevins Street. It was carrying nine convicts who are now at large. It's our job to bring them in. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a manhunt"

"A manhunt" Jake gasped, a small smile making its way onto his face. "Okay, what I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and doghouse in the area," He says, pacing the floor in front of a very confused Lolita and Captain Holt, neither of them understanding his referencing. "Your fugitive's name is Dr Richard Kimble."

"There must be some sort of error," Captain said as he and Lola glanced down at the sheets of information. From her spot at Charles's desk, Rosa chuckled as her girlfriend's eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"There are 9 fugitives and none of them is named Kimble," The small woman says as she looked up.

"I didn't kill my wife!" Jake exclaimed, adding to both detectives' confusion. "What?" Holt wondered. "You're supposed to go, 'I don't care!'"

"I don't care," He said blankly.

"Let the manhunt begin!"

>><<

"Patrol officers have secured a ten-block perimeter. All civilians are being evacuated" Holt informed from the front of the briefing room beside Lolita who was pinning mugshots of the convicts to the whiteboard. "The convicts were in for arson, kidnapping, racketeering, assault and battery, forgery and counterfeiting, triple homicide" Lola listed, pointing to each photo.

"Whoo!" Jake cheered, grinning like a child as the detectives looked at him in confusion. "What? I'm not excited about the murders. I'm excited about the chance to avenge them. You guys are the weird ones" He chuckled awkwardly.

Slightly shaking her head at Jake, Lolita looked over at her girlfriend. "Diaz, you're here with us interviewing witnesses. The rest of you will search the secured area. Teams will be Santiago, Boyle; Jeffords and Peralta." She announced, following her captain towards the door.

"Get to work" Holt shouted over his shoulder as the two women followed close behind.

"I'm sorry you have the boring job stuck here with me all day interviewing witnesses" Lola apologised as she placed the clipboard on her desk in exchange for her empty coffee mug and followed her girlfriend into the break room "I know you'd much rather be hunting people down"

"I don't think I have the energy to be out hunting fugitives" Rosa mumbled as she poured two mugs of coffee.

"I'm sorry" Lola apologised again... for the millionth time this week.