Chapter 17

Somi POV

Obviously it was disappointing when Y/N rejected to be my boyfriend. However, the more I thought about it, it was the correct decision. I mean we both have just recently met each other and have only be on one date. We should take things slowly before we get serious about this relationship. However, this will not stop me from trying to win his heart. After the date in Daytona Beach, we have seen each other more and more and also we have been on more dates as time went on. I'd say that things are going really fine between me and Y/N. One day, I will make Y/N mine and I will not give up on him. 

Today, I need to head to the office to discuss some ideas for new music with Teddy. It wasn't what I would like to do because it means I need to put some effort into my work. However, it was something that needs to be done. Reluctantly, I left my house and head to the office so I could get this over with quickly. The earlier this gets done, the earlier I could go home and relax. That was what I thought until I saw Y/N also at the office.

Somi: Fancy seeing you here Y/N.

Y/N POV

Ever since I got signed by THE BLACKLABEL, I have been hopping from city to city to discover new racing opportunities. Mostly spending my time in Seoul and Toronto. Currently, I am in Seoul as Teddy said there is a new one off race offer for me to sign. I was very excited because ever since I joined THE BLACKLABEL, they have given me so much opportunities at top level racing. I did a race in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and also a race in the Asian Le Mans series. Also, on top of that, I was able to secure the seat for HWA RaceLab in Formula 2 after Mateo Nannini's exit due to financial problems with THE BLACKLABEL paying HWA RaceLab the sponsorship fees so their logo could feature on the chassis. My racing career looks to be back on track once again and I can't thank Somi enough.

As for me and Somi, she was surprisingly alright after the day I rejected her in Daytona Beach

As for me and Somi, she was surprisingly alright after the day I rejected her in Daytona Beach. We have been going out on dates whenever I am at Seoul so I'd say things are going well for our relationship as well. Speaking of the devil, here she is at the office.

Somi: Fancy seeing you here Y/N.

Y/N: Nice to see you too Somi? What are you doing here?

Somi: Something to discuss my next comeback I guess. Boring stuff, anyways want to hangout later?

Y/N: Sure, I'm free all day today anyways.

Somi: I'll drop by your place after work.

Guess that was my plans sorted for tonight. My original plan for tonight was to go back to the apartment that the company provided me and train on the simulator for a bit. But I guess I have company now. After that quick encounter, I went towards Teddy's office to see what offer has he managed to find for me.

Knock Knock

Teddy: Y/N come in.

Y/N: Hey Teddy, you said you got an offer for me?

Teddy: Yep, I've found you a seat at the Chip Ganassi Racing for this year's Indy 500. This is a great opportunity to get our brand known in racing.

Y/N: Wow thank you very much Teddy. This means so much to me. 

Without any hesitation, I signed the offer. This is big for me, I mean I would never think I could be racing in the Indy500, the most prestigious motorsport race in the whole of America. I will be up against ex Formula 1 drivers like Takuma Sato, Juan Pablo Montoya and Marcus Ericsson. It was truly a big deal for me. After signing the deal, I went home to my simulator and booted up Assetto Corsa to get a feel of how the Indy 500 cars drive like. It's not ideal but I guess that will have do. While going home, I read the offer email that Teddy forwarded to me. Chip Ganassi Racing expects me to head to their factory at North Carolina tomorrow. I guess I better start packing.

I was in the middle of packing and preparing for my trip to North Carolina tomorrow, when I heard the doorbell of my apartment ring. Crap, I have completely forgotten that Somi will drop by today and I am totally not prepared for this visit. I need to figure out something quick but I couldn't so I just took a deep breath and opened the door.

Y/N: Hey again Somi. Come in haha.

Somi: So, what's the plan for dinner?

Y/N: Well, apparently I need to fly to North Caroline tomorrow and I haven't packed yet so I guess we'll order takeway.

Somi: Oh did I come at a bad time?

Y/N: No no, it's ok. Just let me pack really quickly. I'll be with you in a second.

It took way longer than I expected for me to pack everything, it took so long to which Somi came in and helped me pack. It wasn't the night I expected but I guess this counts as a date as well. We ended up having fried chicken as takeaway for dinner. This isn't ideal but I guess desperate times calls for desperate measures. Somi didn't really seem to mind about helping me pack.

After dinner, we bid our goodbyes and Somi went back to her house. It was a disaster of a date but Somi didn't seem disappointed about this date. With that I started to think, did I really blew my chance with Somi and now she only sees me as a friend? Anyways, that will be a problem for another day because right now, I need to focus on what's in front of me. The Indy 500 race. I laid on my bed, still not believing that this was happening to me, the fact that I will be making my Indy500 debut very soon is surreal and like a dream come true.

A bit of a short chapter. But Y/N has an opportunity to race in the Indy 500. What will the result of the race for Y/N be? Also did Y/N really get friendzone by Somi? Continue reading to find out.

I'm really trying to update my chapters as quick as possible so I will be trying to update the next chapter before the end of today as well. I am already writing that chapter so I stay tuned for that. Don't worry the quality of the chapters will be equally poor as the ones to before haha but if you think the chapters are rushed or poor please tell me in the comments.

Finally, please remember to vote and share this book. I am trying my best to finish writing this book before the end of the summer. So if you don't wish to miss any updates for this book, do add this into your library. Thank you very much for all your reads.