Chapter 12

Y/N POV

It was really frustrating to see myself lose a drive. I ran towards my room and slammed it hoping that the problem would solve itself. Since when is Formula 1 and Formula 2 a platform for rich kids to show off how much their parents have in the bank? From what I remember, motorsport is a place where the best drivers battle it out for championship glory, and to lose my drive after being second best in the series was really a tough one to take. To top it all off, I came back home to realise that my parents are not funding for another year of Formula 2. It looks like my Formula 1 dream is completely over now. 

Few days later

Y/N's (Steve) Dad POV

It wasn't easy seeing Y/N like this. But there really wasn't anything I could do in this situation. I mean business aren't good and the all of the directors in the company were forced to take a pay cut so I can't pay for my son's Formula 2 career anymore. I guess what we could do is see if there are any other types of motorsport have an opening and is cheap so we could let Y/N continue his motorsport dream.

Mom: It looks like all the categories are quite expensive.

Dad: What are we going to do now?

Mom: I don't know but we need to find something. Do you like seeing Y/N like this? He's been in his room for days now. God knows what he's doing in his room.

Dad: No, I guess we have one final option.

Mom: What option?

Dad: I'll have to make the call.

There was no option left. I had to figure out something quick. I don't usually rely on other people, but if I want I to salvage my kid's racing career I would have to act quick. Even if it means calling an old friend for help. I reluctantly dial the number of an old friend hoping he would pick up the phone.

???: Hello?

Dad: Hey Matthew, it's Steve. Remember me from high school?

Matthew: Oh hey Steve, it's been many years. How's it been so far?

Steve: Not bad, we haven't seen each other since you moved to Korea haha. 

Matthew: Still waiting for you to pay a visit.

Steve: Yeah anyways, I'll cut straight to the point. My kid Y/N has recently booted out of motorsport harshly. He's desperately in need of some sponsors and we can't find any for him here so I was hoping you could help by digging out one of your old sponsors from work?

Matthew: Sure, I'll help. I don't have any endorsements anymore but I'll ask my daughter to see if she's got any interested?

Steve: Thank you very much pal.

Matthew: Yeah you too, come visit Korea some day and bring Y/N too, I've seen so many posts on Facebook but I've still not seen him.

Steve: Sure.

Somi POV

Chilling at home, this was another day of the life of Somi. There usually isn't much going on in my life because I only make one comeback per year so most of the year I am pretty chilled and have nothing to do. I have recently made my comeback this summer so now heading into the end of the year, I can sit at home and do nothing. That was what I thought until my dad walked into the living while. He looks like he had something he wanted me to do.

Dad: So, that was an old friend and he needed help. Somi can you please ask if any of your endorsements or company would be looking to sponsor Y/N, a young rising star racing driver?

Somi: Why? You don't even talk to most of your friends back in Canada.

Dad: Because you need to help your friend. Also asking it's not even a big task, you just go in and ask your PR manager or something if they wanted to sponsor a racing driver.

Somi: You always do this. You always help your friends when they needed help. 

Dad: Yeah cause I was raised to be helpful not sit down on the sofa and do nothing all day.

Somi: Fine.

Ugh, I don't know why am I dragged into this. I just want to sit at home and do nothing for the whole day. But now, I have to go to the company and help my dad's friend to ask for a favour. I don't even know who this Y/N is. According to my dad he's some racing driver, the son of my dad's friend back in Canada who isn't rich enough to make it to professional and now needs my help. On the way to the company, I went on Naver and searched Y/N to see if this was a scam or not. As I googled, I was surprised. He won the USF2000 Championship, rookie of the season in Formula 3, then moved to Formula 2 and finished 2nd in the recent season. Even though I don't know what all those means, I assume it's quite good so I guess he deserves some help. I kept trying to find pictures of him to see how he looked before I make a decision if I wanted to help him but all the photos have his helmet covering his face so I can't see if he's handsome or not. I was reluctant to help but because my dad has told me to put in a word, I followed his advice and went to my PR manager.

Somi: Hey Kim, I just want to ask can you look out for some sponsorship opportunities for a friend of mine? He's a racing driver so if any of my sponsors want an athlete just help me tell them about Y/N. 

Kim: I think boss wanted to expand the brand and put our image around the world so why don't you go talk to him asking if he want to sponsor them.

Ugh, more work for me. Why can't Kim just out in a good word for me? Now I find myself walking to Teddy Park's office trying to ask if my label wanted to sponsor some random racing driver. I didn't really want to help but somehow I find myself going through all this trouble for Y/N for no reason.

Somi: Annyeong Teddy.

Teddy Park: Hey Somi, sup?

Somi: I heard you wanted to expand our brand. I have the perfect opportunity. I have this, well my dad have this friend who is a racing driver and he needs sponsors. I thought we could help him a little bit. I looked at his record and he's quite successful in the past so I guess it's worth a gamble.

Teddy Park: Hmmmm, a collaboration with in motorsport. That actually isn't a bad idea. You don't see JYP or SM doing that. I'll think of something up, thanks for suggesting this to me Somi. Y/N is the name right? I'll write that down. 

Finally we get to see Somi in this chapter. Thank you for all of you who managed to stick with this book for this long. You patience has been rewarded, the story will only get more interesting from here.

Thank you very much for taking time to read this book. Seeing the read count and vote count go up really gets me motivated and want to write more chapters. Please keep voting and reading my work. It really means a lot to me.