the newbie

"Seoyoon, tighten your core...Hyunwoo, lift your chest...Dasom, run more gracefully. You look like a football player," Jimin chided as his students practiced their routine. "Jungkook, point your toes."

Jungkook gave a single bob of the head in response, his face soaked with sweat. Jimin could tell that he was struggling a bit in this class compared to the previous ones. The routine was hard and this was only Jungkook's fourth time coming to class, so Jimin was trying to go easy on him with his comments.

It was very noticeable that Jungkook did hip hop. The way he held himself made it evident. Jimin would have to mention his lack of pointed toes and his tendency to slouch a couple of times each class.

Jimin glanced at the clock. "Alright, everyone. That's a wrap."

A few students collapsed to the floor with a relieved sigh. Jimin used his notebook to fan their red, hot faces. He laughed. "Are you guys okay?"

"I think I'm dying, Mr. Park," Yejun groaned.

"You can't die yet. You have tryouts in a month."

"I know, I know."

"Tryouts?" Jungkook piped up in a raspy, tired voice.

"Yeah, to decide on the teams who will enter Korea's national dance competition," she answered.

Hoseok concluded that since Hope World had a sufficient number of students now, he wanted to enter the competition. He was going to hold tryouts for hip hop and asked Jimin if he'd like to do the same for contemporary. Excitedly, he said yes and began choreographing the routine for the competition right away.

Jimin raised a brow. "Interested?"

"I'm not sure," Jungkook shrugged. "It kinda depends on how busy I get with work."

"That's okay. Just let Hoseok or I know if you want to."

"I will," he smiled. Jungkook then grabbed his things and followed Hyunwoo out the door.

"He's so hot," Yejun commented after he was gone.

The girl lying next to her on the floor, Mari, giggled into her palm.

"What? Do you not think so?"

"Oh, no, I agree with you," Mari concurred.

"What about you, Mr. Park?"

"What about me, what?"

"Do you think Jungkook is hot too?"

"I-I, uh-"

"It's okay to think he's attractive," Yejun stated. "I'm straight, but I can appreciate a woman's beauty. Straight men can do the same with other men."

Straight. Right.

"He's my student," Jimin acknowledged.

"So you're saying you've never found one of your students attractive?"

"He's my student," he reiterated with a chuckle. "That's my final answer."

"You're so lame, Mr. Park," she grumbled playfully.

Occasionally, Jimin felt odd when people would refer to him so formally. Especially in the beginning. After all, he was only twenty-five. The majority of his students were around the same age as him. Some were even older than him. But he understood it was just a respect thing. Joking with them made Jimin feel more comfortable.

"Get out of my class," he jested, poking her with his foot.

"Alright, we're goin'." Yejun got off the floor. "Come on, Mari."