Chapter 20: Pitch Dark

Start from the beginning

I check my IDroid. I then see the separator tank. I get out the car, DD follows me. I sneak through without the men seeing me. I get behind one of them and aim my tranquilizer gun at him.

Venom Snake: Hey.

He jumps.

Venom Snake: Drop the gun.

He puts down his gun.

Venom Snake: Get on the ground.

He gets on the ground, on his stomach, he then puts his hands on top of his head. I then continue through, I then make it to the separator tank.

Ocelot: Destroy that separator tank. You'll need to use explosives. Got any C-4?

Venom Snake: Yes, I do.

I place C-4 on the separator tank.

Ocelot: All right, you've planted the C-4. Don't set it off until you're at a safe distance.

Venom Snake: Getting to a safe distance now.

I get away from the tank, I then set off the C-4, causing the tank to blow up. The whole facility gets alerted.

Kaz: The remaining target is the oil transfer pump. You need to shut it down.

Venom Snake: On my way there now.

I get to the stairs of the facility and head up. A guard sees me, before he could alert the facility, DD jumped on him and started biting, DD then took a knife from his pocket and sliced the guard's neck. I then pet DD.

Venom Snake: Good dog.

I walk in the control room.

Ocelot: There's the transfer pump control room. The emergency stop button is probably inside it.

I press the button. It stops the oil spread. I then see bodies come out of it.

Venom Snake: Ugh...

Kaz: Bodies? Why...?

Another alert in the facility happens.

Kaz: Oil transfer pump shutoff confirmed. Objective complete. But the enemy has tightened security. Get out of there ASAP.

Venom Snake: On it!

We leave the room and head back to the ground. A few guards spot me, I quickly get out my AM MRS -4 and shoot them all in the head, stopping them from alerting the others. We then get out of the facility, but there are lots of enemy's.

Venom Snake: Oh no.

Ocelot: Walker Gear! What are they doing there?

Venom Snake: Must be wanting to stop me.

Ocelot: Looks like the road's been sealed off. See any way around?

Venom Snake: No, I don't.

Ocelot: What are you going to do, Boss?

Venom Snake: I'm gonna have to take care of the men.

Kaz: What?!

Venom Snake: I'm gonna call the chopper, then deal with the enemy.

Kaz: Okay.... Be careful, Boss.

I call the chopper. I then get back out my gun and start gunning down the men. One of them shoots me in the arm.

Venom Snake: Ahh!!

I shoot him in the leg, I then run towards him and punch him in the face with my bionic arm, knocking him out instantly. Then the Walker Gears started coming. I get behind cover as they start shooting. I get out a grenade and throw it towards the Walker Gears, destroying them.

Pequod: This is Pequod! Have arrived at LZ!

I see the chopper landing, I took care of everyone. So me and DD get on the chopper, we then take off. As we get in the air, I treat my arm, I then see DD walk towards me, he rests his head on my leg. I start petting him.

Venom Snake: You did good, boy.

DD starts to lick my hand. Kaz then calls me.

Kaz: Boss, we took another look into SANR, the owner of the oilfield. They were behind what happened.

Venom Snake: They were?

Kaz: They hired the PF, not UNITA. They restarted the facility all the while pretending they were the victims.

Venom Snake: Hmph.

Kaz: One other thing, SANR's Johannesburg "head office" is just a room in a multi-tenant building. Company's essentially nonexistent. Three years ago, that investment fund stepped in and started gutting it through a series of mergers and sell-offs. And, get this... the fund itself no longer exists, either. It's a shell corporation... Meaning someone is just using SANR's name from the shadows.

Venom Snake: Guess so.

Kaz: But what about those strange corpses? Just what the hell were they doing over there?

Venom Snake: I don't know, but something tells me that we're going to find out.