Chapter 71: Quiet's gone

Venom Snake's POV

I am back in my quarters once again. I am petting and playing with DD. I then get a call from Ocelot.

Ocelot: Boss, maybe you've realized by now, but... There's no other way to say it. Quiet's gone.

I am shocked.

Venom Snake: What?! What do you mean she's gone?!

Ocelot: She pulled her camp stunt and stowed away on a departing chopper. After pinpointing which she took, we figured out her destination. Afghanistan.

Venom Snake: Afghanistan...

Ocelot: Get after her. Only you can do this.

Venom Snake: I will... I have too...

Kaz: Boss, I told you this would happen. I wish I could say "Good riddance." But Quiet knows too much about us. We can't just leave her out there! Remember what you told me when she first got here? "One of these days we're gonna have to kill her." "When the time comes, I'll pull the trigger." I'd say that time has come.

I disagree with Kaz. I know I said those words... but... I didn't think I would get close to Quiet, and change her to actually help us out... I can't kill her! I need to find her and bring her back! Whatever it takes!!!

Timeskip

I called the chopper to take me to Afghanistan. I heard about a transport log that can tell me where Quiet is. The chopper drops me off.

Venom Snake: Don't worry, Quiet... I'm coming to get you... Hang in there...

I sneak up to a nearby outpost. I see three guards. I sneak up to the post. I get behind the tent so the guards don't see me. I grab the first guard and hip throw him. I then quickly grab the next guard and punch him with my bionic arm. The last guard sees me. Before he could shoot me, I use CQC to disarm him and take his gun. I aim the gun at me, making him out his hands in the air.

Venom Snake: The sniper! Where is she!

Guard: I-I don't know... b-but the prisoner transport log is inside our tent! Please... don't kill me!

I drop his gun. The guard tried to get his knife out, but I quickly grab him and put him in a CQC hold. I choke him out. He passes out. I run into the tent and see the log. I get out my iDroid and scan it. I use my radio to call Ocelot.

Venom Snake: Ocelot, I got a transport log that should show where Quiet is! Find her! NOW!!

Ocelot: We are looking at it right away, Boss.

I call the chopper. The chopper picks me up.

Timeskip

I am in the ACC. I ordered my staff to develop the Battle Dress gear for me. Something tells me that I'll be needing it to save Quiet. I then get a call from Ocelot.

Ocelot: Boss!

Venom Snake: Yeah?

Ocelot: We found her.