32 Thrown Away

Zacznij od początku

"Dmitri!" I hard my name being called. I looked up. Miles was riding a horse, at a fast pace, to where I was standing. If I didn't move, he would probably crush me. He stopped his horse an inch on front of my chest and jumped down.

"Hey man!" I said to him, smiling slightly. He didn't smile back.

I knew what was coming. He marched up to me and before I knew it...

He punched me at my jaw and I stumbled a bit. "I probably deserved that," I muttered, rubbing my now bruised and cracked jaw.

"Yeah you did!" He shouted in my face, then took a step back.

"Where's Veronica?" He asked, fist and while body shaking.

"In the dungeon. What's it to you?" I asked, suspicious. I squinted my eyes at him. He shrank back.

I quickly took the opportunity to read his mind.

He loves her.

"Did you know Ash and veronica were dating?" I asked him slowly, shame and sadness washing through me.

Although Ash is my best friend, and Miles was a good six years younger than me, Miles was still considered my close friend as well. He helped Scarlet get comfortable in my castle and I was really thankful for that, and much more that he's done in the past. I guess Ash and I weren't the only ones who would suffer from the Paris accident.

He nodded. "I was the only one who knew. I didn't tell anyone," he explained, looking away.

I was shocked. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair. "Look Miles, I don't know what went down but I'm pretty sure you won't want to associate yourself with her anymore."

"Why's that?" He asked. "I just found out you guys were back! I want to see her!" he yelled. "I'm angry and I punched you because I heard you were restraining her... why is she in the dungeon?"

"Then I guess you haven't heard the news, man!" I said, refraining from shaking some knowledge into him.

"What are you talking about?" Miles asked, eyebrows furrowing.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Veronica shot Scarlet," I said, and I scared myself when my voice trembled.

He reached out to me, shock plastered across his face, but I stepped back. "Look man, I don't know what's going to happen. And we haven't decided on what to do with Veronica yet. She is, my sister, after all."

"I'm .. so sorry man. I wish I'd known sooner,"Miles said, struggling for words.

"I assumed Austin would tell you" I said to him, raising an eyebrow.

"Actually, I haven't seen Austin around the past few days," Miles commented. "Wait..." He said, squinting his eyes at me. "You told Austin?"

I nodded. "I didn't know what to do with Scarlet, so I called him and he came to Paris right away. He talked it out with me. You haven't seen him?" I asked, suspicious.

Miles frowned and shook his head.

I sighed. Although Austin and I were close anymore, we were close since childhood. I knew what his disappearance meant.

"Are you still interested in seeing Veronica?" I asked Miles. He nodded. "Okay. First, let me get my horse."

**

Miles and I rode our horses back to Austin's castle.

"Before we see Veronica, I need to find Austin. I think I know where he is."

Miles followed without complaint.
We got to the castle, left ours horses outside and stepped in.

Immediately, we bumped into Charlotte Covington Woods since she was attempting to leave the castle at the same time as we were entering.