Twenty-Three🐄

Over the next couple of days, I helped Worth and all of Poppy's uncles move her stuff

Her mom ordered her everything for the living room and kitchen that she might need.

She was beyond excited to have her own place and I was happy for her.

"If you get scared you can always have Romeo stay over and sleep with you," I said.

"Thanks, Luke I may just take you up on that." She said while placing some dishes in the cabinet.

I helped bring in a few more boxes and I walked back out with Worth and a few others and sit on the porch.

I sit down on the steps and Romeo comes running over with a stick. I scratch him between his ears and he runs off again.

I didn't want to just sit around and wait for everyone else out so I could go back in but when Poppy came out and sit on the step beside me I felt more content.

"Ready to go check on the animals? I can finish unpacking later." She said.

"Sure let's go." I smiled.

We walked into the stable together and fed all the animals and checked on the babies before heading out to the older horses and gave them some apples.

By the time we got done with the feed, it was time for dinner and we walked up to the house together.

Clara had a huge pot of beef roast cooking with a bunch of sides. I swear she's trying to fatten us up.

I need to work out more for sure to keep these muscles.

I took a seat next to Poppy and waiting for Clara to bring over my food. It's the strangest thing that I cant get my own food but I respect Clara's wishes.

"Oh, Clara you made my favorite!" Derrick said.

This tasted so good if a mouthgasm is a thing I'm having it for sure.

Poppy looks over at me and giggles... "What's going on with you?"

"Having a mouthgasm." I laughed.

"A what?" She laughs.

I look up and Chad is watching us. He's always watching us and it makes me uneasy. Before things go further with Poppy I really need to talk to Worth.

After dinner was over we went to check on the animals again and I walked over to where Poppy was checking the piglets.

"Hey, question for you... Your Uncle Chad keeps giving me these looks and I think I need to talk to your dad about us." I said.

"You want to talk to my dad?" She asked.

"Yeah, I want to be honest about my intentions. I mean we are going forward with us right?" I asked.

"Of course Luke I want to move forward but that's a bold move talking to dad." She said.

"Yeah but I'm a straight forward honest person and I don't want him thinking we are sneaking behind his back," I said.

"I think dad knows something is going on already because when we talked about me moving he said I'm a grown woman and can do what I want and he sees how we look at each other." She said.

"Fuck well I think I should go talk to him then," I said rubbing my hands together.

"He said he was going to his office for a while if you want to go find him." She said walking over closer to me and pecking me on my lips.

"If I don't come back in thirty minutes you better come looking for me." I laughed walking out the door.

I walked into the kitchen and look around and Roger was sitting at the table. "Hey, Roger have you seen Worth?"

"Yeah, he's up in his office I think." He said.

"Thanks, Roger," I said heading upstairs. I walked to his office door and knocked.

I was so nervous I was about to pass out while I waited.

"Come in!"

"Hey, Worth can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure come on in Luke and have a seat."

I set down in the chair and look over at him and nervously laugh.

"Umm well I wanted to come to you man to man and you know I respect you so much and look up to you."

"Thanks, Luke I appreciate that. Now get to it." He laughed.

"The thing is I'm falling for Poppy and I want to date her but I want your permission first. I don't want to ruin anything we have here going on at the Ranch." I said.

"Wow, Luke I really respect you, man. I've never been in this predicament but I can see that you like my daughter and I didn't really notice until she ran to you crying in the barn." He said.

"If it's going to affect our work relationship I'll try to stay away from her," I said swallowing hard.

"Hell no, Luke. Look I appreciate you coming to me first and if you care about my daughter like I think you do then I couldn't have picked a better guy for her. You have my permission but if you want me to get Holland in here I'm sure she would like to be included."

"Yeah go get her if you want," I said.

He texted her to come upstairs and it didn't take long before she did.

"Hey, guys what's up?" She asked.

"Have a seat Holls Luke has something to ask." Worth said.

"What's up Luke? Something wrong?" Holland asked.

"No nothing is wrong. I asked Worth already but he wanted me to ask you. I umm care a lot for Poppy and I want to date her with you guy's permission." I said.

"Really?? Your asking?" Holland asked jumping up hugging me from behind.

"Yeah, that was my plan." I laughed.

"What did you say Worth?" She asked.

"I told him yes. If he cares about Poppy the way I think he does I couldn't have picked anyone better." Worth said.

"I couldn't have said it any better and well welcome to the family Luke." Holland smiled at me.