Alana sneered. Just with that small gesture of chivalry and that stupid girl had fallen in love with Luke. Back when Circe hadn't yet replaced her soul in her daughter's body, she had gotten reports that her half-wit stepdaughter often secretly looked at Alana's escort knight with stars in her eyes.

Alana made sure that Annabeth could never approach Luke again but also ensured that if Annabeth did see Luke, Luke would be with Alana at all times just so she could see the light dim in Annabeth's eyes. When Annabeth was told that she would have to marry the Eldoris king, someone reported to Alana that her half-sister had tried to approach Luke to save her. Alana had sent down orders to beat Annabeth after that. Yet, even after all these years, Luke never knew about the true circumstances of Princess Annabeth.

Now, Alana brought Luke to the trip to Eldroris so she couldn't wait to see what sort of foolish reaction her dim witted sister would make. This was why Alana was pretending to be more ill than she was so they would arrive late to the Eldoris palace and miss the wedding in the morning. At this rate, they should arrive just in time for the crowning ceremony in the afternoon.

If Annabeth, who always had such a severe reaction to seeing Luke, saw Luke in the crowning ceremony, it would humiliate the Eldoris king at seeing his wife look longingly at another man. But what could the Eldoris king do? He had already married her in the morning. If this was before the wedding, then the king might simply just annul the marriage and pull out of the affair with some tattered dignity left.

Alana smiled. Everything was in her control except for...

"Keuk, keuk!" Alana coughed into her handkerchief.

In the white cloth were splotches of blood. Alana frowned. She thought that after time had passed, she would adjust easily into this body. Even with the help of tonics and medicine, Alana still felt ill. Her original body was also showing signs of ill health, which helped with the excuse that the Kiran queen was sick and needed to be confined to her bedroom. But Alana had to be careful not to let either body decay.

Not to mention, the more one used their powers, the more backlash their body would face. Depending on the person, sometimes the overuse of powers would make one more bloodthirsty. Other times, the magic user would feel extremely fatigued and fall into a coma for a few days. Alana had used a large reserve of her powers to switch souls and fell ill overnight.

No matter, Alana thought. She just needed more time for her soul to adjust.

In the town that the Kiran delegation was resting in, an Eldoris shadow guard spied on them through a window. He turned away and swiftly sent a letter through messenger hawk.

*******************

Even back in the modern days, Annabeth wasn't sure what her wedding would be like. When she was young, she had thought she would marry someone who was intelligent and kind. Her mother would joke that she would marry a prince one day. Her mother had been mostly right in her prediction, except that Annabeth was marrying a king, not a prince.

It hadn't really dawned onto her that she was now part of this world whether she liked it or not until she was wearing her wedding dress made of red silk, organza, and lace. Annabeth's curly hair was tamed with delicate gold hairpins and pearl strands. Looking at herself in the mirror, Annabeth suddenly felt sad that in this world, she had no one from her real family to attend her wedding. Instead, the family that was attached to this character wanted to kill her. Who did she have by her side in this world?

"You look beautiful."

Annabeth turned around to see Percy leaning against the doorway with a smile on his face. He was wearing a matching red jacket with gold embellishments. Weddings were different here. In this world, the color red symbolized fortune and good wishes. The groom and bride also walked out together. Even if parents were to give them away at the wedding, neither of them had parents in this world.