𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

After I brought my things into the room I was staying in, Diavolo came in to tell me he would be leaving for a few hours. Prior to him coming to tell me that I was taking some things out of my bag and didn't hear him come in. So when his deep voice shot out behind me I jumped in shock. When I did you could see the displeased look on his face.

I didn't take it as he was annoyed with me because of it but the fact that I had a reaction the way I did is what I assumed pissed him off. The reason being because no person naturally jumps when they here a male voice.

He apologized for scaring me and told me to call him if I needed anything. I was taken back by Diavolo apologizing that I just nodded without even asking when he would be back.

I groaned in frustration at reacting the way I did. I decided to have a shower and change into something comfortable. I ended up throwing on a pair of spandex shorts and an oversized hoodie, with my hair tied up in a messy bun.

It may or may not be Malakai's.

Hours passed and I felt myself start to doze off. I heard the door open and immediately got off the couch and sprinted to the door. Diavolo walked into the room looking exhausted. I wasn't that tired anymore after sleeping on the plane and car ride here, but I just noticed that Diavolo didn't sleep once.

He must be exhausted.

He pulled down his hoodie revealing his messy hair. He ran his big hand through his hair and sighed. Our eyes locked for a second before he started taking off his hoodie and throwing it on the couch.

"You look tired, you should sleep." I point to his room. "I don't want to sleep" I gave him a confused look. "Do you want to watch a movie with me then?"

Diavolo took a minute to look me up and down. His lips curled into a cheeky grin. "Sure, just let me change." I gave him a soft smile and jumped back onto the couch, snuggling with the fuzzy blanket. I don't know why I was so excited to watch a movie with him but I was and anyone with a brain could tell. The smile I had on my face did waver once.

Diavolo came back into the living room shortly after. He was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants that hung low on his hips.

He did that on purpose.

He motioned with his hand for me to move over. I scooted over giving him some room and he sat on the other side of me. "Are you wearing my hoodie?" He smirked. "No." I lied to his face.

"What did I say about lying," he squinted his eyebrows. "That it doesn't look good on me." I said sarcastically.

"It was a half lie because it's mine now." Malakai gave me a small smile.

The movie played and I watched as Diavolo started to close his eyes and open them when he realized he was starting to fall asleep. I giggled at myself watching his head bob up and down trying to stay awake.

"Sleep, you've had a long day." With that he closed his eyes.

I was about to fall asleep myself, before I did I felt pressure on my shoulder. I was too tired to look, so instead, I let the darkness consume me.

---- ♔ ----

I opened my eyes and lifted my head to look around the room. I rubbed my eyes and saw that I was still on the living room couch.