𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"Who new the devil could look like an angel?"
--- ♔ ---
Aurora Vega

It was getting late, the pain in my ribs was starting to get worse. Diavolo talked to a few more people. I think he knew I was ready to go. The smile I had on my face most of the night faded. "How much longer do we need to be here?" I questioned tugging on his shoulder. "We can leave now." Diavolo ended his conversation and we walked out of the ballroom.

The sky was pitch black with a few stars. Most of the sky was filled with sky high buildings making it hard to see the dark sky, but what I could was beautiful. Diavolo opened the limousine door for me. "I didn't know you were such a gentleman, " I giggled and thanked him.

Diavolo walked to the other side of the door and got in. He instructed the driver where he wanted him to take us. The car ride was long, I was tired physically and mentally. I curled up against the seat and tried my best to sleep.

The pain flared up from all the moving. But I wouldn't have don't it any other way. Hurt or not.

---♔---
Diavolo Costello

The night was coming to an end. Aurora looked physically and mentally drained. Her beautiful smile she had on her face was no longer there.

I was always good at reading people, I could tell that Aurora was in pain but didn't want to tell me. I knew the second she asked when we could leave she was really hurting. I was already about to call it quits, I just had to talk to one other person. And he just happened to be a talker so it took me longer then I wanted.

I walked her to the limousine, I opened the door for her and she slowly got in and clenched her ribs. Her lip was starting to heal but not enough so she had covered it with makeup.

A part of me feels guilty for how many times she has been hurt. If I would have been smarter knowing that men are animals she might have not been hurt.

We both sat on the opposite sides of the limousine, Aurora leaned against the window. The moonlight gradually shone on her face. She looks so beautiful.

After a few minutes, she was sleeping. I have only known her for a short amount of time, but I figured out that Aurora likes to sleep to avoid her problems, the complete opposite of me. I can't remember the last time I got a full night's sleep.

I started looking on my phone at jobs I needed to take and my emails I needed to respond to. I kept glancing at Aurora from time to time. She began shuffling in her sleep. I looked up from my phone and she had decided to lay on my lap. My body tensed up immediately. The only time anyone was this close to me was... nevermind. She looked so peaceful in my lip like nothing could hurt her.

Her breath evened out, she was no longer holding her ribs, she had her small hand placed on my thigh. I got distracted from what I was doing by watching Aurora. How the little strands of hair covered her face, or how she would suddenly twitch in her sleep. Her face looked uncomfortable. Maybe she was having a nightmare.

She started moving on my lap. "Casso." (Fuck.) I sharply inhaled, shutting my eyes. All I could think about was not getting an erection right now. Her head stopped moving. I let out a breath leaning back only for her to hitch her hand on my growing erection unintentionally. Finally, her hand stopped and her face relaxed. He let out a breath but ended up sucking one in when she squeezed me moving her hand know on my belt.