"Fair point," I tell her. But little does she know, we'll be swimming at the community center's heated pool later tonight and that place is fucking magical. It'll do wonders for her jello legs. And for the state of my cock, I'm sure, since she'll be stripping down to her underwear to swim under the glow of moonlight.

Amber leans into me as I secure a towel around my waist and we make our way slowly back into the bedroom. "Where are we going anyway?" she asks. "After dinner, I mean. Should I dress any special way? Can I have a hint as to where you're taking me?"

A hint, a hint. Hmm. No major hints allowed.

"Uh... wear something black," I tell her with a wink. "You didn't happen to bring a ski mask, did you? You never know, we might get into something illegal."

She bursts out laughing and her eyes roll. "Oh sure. Like you'd have us doing anything illegal," she teases, meeting my eyes with a twinkle of amusement. "Too much of a straight shooter."

My mouth drops open in shock. "You think you're the only one that did stupid shit as a teenager, little miss howls at the moon? You said you wanted the New York version of me and tonight's the finale."

Her caramel eyes sparkle. "Well, I'm officially intrigued, mister obeys the law. But I still don't think you have a nefarious bone in your body," she sasses, crossing her arms over her chest.

I like the sassing. I like everything about her. But the sass is fucking sexy.

Approaching slowly, I peer down at her as she sits on the edge of the bed. "I am full of surprises, baby."

She exhales a helpless moan and pulls her bottom lip into her mouth, the effect I have on her becoming more and more clear as I hold her gaze.

"You like when I call you baby, don't you?"

"Yes," she answers in a whisper. "I love it."

"Well, get used to it then."

._._._.

The recipe for a perfect day of teenage nostalgia in Oakwood is simple. Since we don't have any good bridges to howl off of, like someone I know, we resort to breaking and entering. It's always been like this. I'm not proud of it but it is what it is.

For as long as the community center has had a pool, people have taken advantage of the poor security and broken in for a night swim. I haven't done it in forever, obviously. When my teen years expired, I became the guy who reinforced the rules. I couldn't exactly be breaking into places like some juvenile delinquent.

As a matter of fact, the whole reason I started volunteering at the community center was to make up for all the times I broke the law in that building. I never thought I'd find myself doing the same dumb shit I used to do but what can I say? Amber brings something out of me. See if she calls me mister obeys the law again after tonight.

The only problem is, it's been so long since I've broken in or reinforced the rules at the community center and I'm not sure I'll be able to get in the old way anymore. Oakwood isn't exactly known for its progressive nature but still, a lot can change in a few years. I need to find someone who knows their way around town, someone local and still connected to the community. Someone who has the lowdown on shenanigans.

I need to find a Goonie.

What's a Goonie you ask? Well, the Goonies were a group of rambunctious kids just like in the classic 80s film. Only instead of adventuring around old caves in a seaside town, they terrorized Oakwood. You name it, they did it. And I'm not just talking about the shit they did to me personally, like breaking into my basement looking for Christmas decor, taking my front door off the hinges in the middle of winter, or filling my porch with a bundle of balloons so big I couldn't get out of my house.