"Yasmine," She gives me a hug. "Kaia," She says turning to give her a hug as well.

"Hi mom." I said giving her another hug.

She then turned to the red head next to us.

"You must be Macy, it's really nice to meet you." She says pulling Macy in for a hug.

"And you must be Giovanni. The man that stole my child's heart." She says pulling him into a hug.

"It's great to finally meet you Ms. Carol, Yasmine had nothing but great things to say about you." Gio says.

"Just Carol is fine dear, and she better." My mom playfully side-eyed me.

"Macy and Gio are actually brothers and sisters." Kaia mentions.

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed with the hair difference," My mom says. "Come come guys."

Kaia and Macy were the first ones to enters the house. Kaia skips towards the house with Macy in tow.

"XOXO my love is very special." Kaia sings on her way inside.

"Still the same Kaia." My mom says chuckling.

She led us inside and walked us around to the backyard. My family was scattered everywhere. I smiled seeing everyone together. It's been so long since I've been at a family gathering. The last time I came to one was two years ago and Jared got way too drunk and embarrassed me in front of everyone. I was too ashamed to show up here again, especially because I was still with him.

"Get ready for everyone being in your face." I told Gio and he chuckled.

"I hope you like Jamaican food Giovanni." My mom said looking over her shoulder briefly.

"Love it actually," Gio says and turned to me with a smile.

"That's good to hear, well there's plenty here. So when you're ready to eat just go over to those tables and fix yourself a plate." My mom said pointing to the table with food in big foil pans.

My mom walked us over to a table with some chairs under the tent.

"It's so good to see you Yasmine, you must visit more often and you must come along with her." My mom told me then turned to Gio.

"Thank you for the invite Carol." Gio says smiling warmly at my mom. "You have a wonderful place here by the way."

"Thank you, I try to upkeep it as much as I can." My mom says bringing her cup to her lips. "So, Minnie here tells me you're a fitness trainer."

"Mommm!" I whine. Not the silly nickname in front of Gio. He'll never let me hear the end of it. And by the way his lips twitched into a smile I knew he heard it.

"What? Is that not what I call you? Since you were a child?" She then turned her attention back to Gio.

"Yea that's how we met actually." Gio gave a smile before looking over to me and raising the back of my hand to kiss it.

"Yasminee!" I turned to see who was calling. My cousin Essie. I smiled big when I saw her making her way over. My favorite cousin, we grew up together. Me, Essie and her brother Romaine.

When she reached over I stood up to hug her.

"Essie, it's been so long." I said pulling back to look at her.

Her hair was in braids and she looks glowing and happy.

"I'm great actually. Doing really good." She smiled then her eyes briefly flickered behind me and her smile got wide. "Mi si yuh ave a white man now. Yuh finally dash weh Jared." (I see you got a white man now, you finally got rid of Jared)