Chapter 20

Trying to lift your eyelids was nearly impossible it seemed, especially with the throbbing headache that felt like it nearly split your head in two.

Everything was a blur and the only thing you could tell for certain was that you were sitting, but not on a chair, because chairs didn't stroke your hair in an oddly affectionate manner.

Upon blinking your eyes a few times, the first thing you made out was a figure standing in front of a massive screen, a mix of black and a little bit of white.

"B–Billy...?" You croaked, your throat feeling hoarse.

The person slowly shook their head from side to side.

"Stu?"

"Right here, baby," he shushed you from behind and it's only then that you realized you were sitting cuddled up against his chest while he continued his task at hand: soothing you and petting your head like he had been for almost half an hour now.

You didn't know why it made your stomach flutter the way it did.

"B–But..." you stammered, peering back and forth between the two. "If that's not Billy..."

To say you were confused was the understatement of the century. It was like the blow to your head had knocked all sense out of you.

Remembering that you were supposed to be furious at him, you tried protesting but Stu wasn't having any of it.

"Stu–" you coughed. "Let me go, now."

His mask was off and you met his eyes that crinkled a little bit as he pouted childishly. "Nope. Sorry, princess. Billy's orders."

You were about to ask where Billy was, but you found him sitting against one of the walls, rolling your goddamn pistol in between his fingers.

Sure enough when you lifted your leg, the small weight had been removed.

Wow.

But if Billy was there and Stu was with you... Then who the fuck was standing in front on the screen?

With your vision back to normal, you could finally make out what the screen behind the only masked Ghostface was displaying; your mother and Maureen Prescott.

Frightened, you instinctively nuzzled deeper into Stu's chest, who leaned his chin on your head in response.

"It's time you came to terms with me and with mother. It seems you never knew her at all, (Y/N)."

Three. There were three fucking killers all this time. Not one, not two, but three.

The very thought made you feel as if ice had replaced the blood in your veins and at the same time, so many things were starting to make sense.

It wasn't Billy or Stu who nearly blew you to pieces back at Jennifer's place, they never would have. It also explained Stu's reaction inside the hotel.

Shaken up, the question effortlessly rolled off your lips. "Who are you?"

"The other half of you. I searched for a mother, an actress named Prescilla Prescott. I tried to find her my whole life and four years ago, I actually tracked her down," the figure paused dramatically, watching you intently.

Your heart was beating so fast you were positive you were about to have a heart attack.

The masked killer carried on with his little story like telling a tale to an old friend. "I knocked on her door, thinking she'd welcome me back with open arms but she had a new life and a new name, Helene (L/N)! You were the only child she claimed, (Y/N). She shut me out in the cold. Her own son..."