Chapter 16

Why did she feel Big Boss is unreachable?

He needs to get lost to the other side of the universe!

Falling into Big Boss's clutches once again, Lisa miserably holds a wine glass and walks behind Big Boss, smiling, clinking glass and making polite small talks.

Cannot eat the delicious buffet is already tragic, worse is having to walk everywhere in high heels. Fine, she can put up with these hassles, but there are some things that are really unbearableeeeee!

For example, take this old man in a suit before her.

"Miss Manoban is glowing tonight, different from your usual look, I must cast a vote for you."

Glowing ...... You old geezer! You lie without blinking!

"Thank you, you're too kind." Lisa smiles. ~ ~

Another example, take this man in traditional Chinese clothes.

"Miss Manoban is a natural beauty, young and lively ...... (synonyms omitted) ...... Ah! Just like ...... (nauseating metaphors omitted) ...... Ah! Along with the President ...... (boring parallelisms omitted) ...... Ah!

"Thank you, thank you." Lisa appears flattered and embarrassed outwardly, cynical inwardly – How amazing! Lying without blinking is already a talent, but even going as far as composing poems!

***

Waiting until the old man in traditional Chinese clothes walk far away, Lisa pulls on Jungkook's shirt sleeve: "President, does the man in traditional Chinese clothes hold a higher position than the man in the suit?"

Jungkook nods.

Lisa says knowingly: "I knew it."

Without waiting for Jungkook to ask why, she quickly tells him: "Because his ability to lie is better."

Jungkook laughs, looking at her slightly red cheeks. She is probably a bit drunk, usually she does not dare to tell him such things, also ......

He looks at her fingers on his sleeve ...... actually tugging it back and forth ......

He could not help but think of an idea, raising a hand to motion a waiter to come over to give her a new glass of wine.

"What is this?" Lisa looks at the glass filled with pretty liquid in his hands.

"The alcohol concentration in this cocktail is lower."

"Thank you, President."

Lisa gratefully accepts the glass, completely forgetting that in front of her is Big Boss whose ability to lie eclipses those old men.

The cocktail tastes as if there is not a lot of alcohol in it, but the alcohol concentration is actually several times more.

***

Jungkook happily looks at Lisa , after a while suddenly frowning: "Where's your flower brooch?"

When stepping into the ballroom, each woman is given a flower brooch to be pinned on her dress, there is a number beneath it so the men will base on the different numbers to vote for who they think is "the most beautiful and elegant lady." Women competing for this title are busy walking around the room to lobby votes for themselves, if other people cannot see your number then it does not matter how well you are dressed.

Lisa breaks out in a cold sweat, she cannot tell him that she thought wearing the flower brooch looked stupid so she already threw it away ......

Absolute not!