Movie Night

Loki was pissed. So was Bucky.

Ross had stationed some guards around the compound because he didn't trust that the Avengers would punish them for their "transgressions".

Loki, after one week, decided to play a prank on some of the guards. Bucky, as soon as he heard what Loki was doing, joined.

Long story short, both were now confined to their rooms for three days because of some guards having a mysterious slime dropped on them from the doorway that "got in the way of their job".

Loki sat bored on the desk in his room (yes on the desk), flipping a trinket around in his hands. He hated feeling trapped again, and especially because the punishment was for something so minor as a prank. What else was he supposed to do? It didn't help that after some inspection of his old room Ross thought that the huge windows were a "security risk" so he was moved into a different room which reminded him a hell of a lot more of a cell than a bedroom.

He could train, but he would have had to do it alone as it might have been seen as "violent" by the guards to do it with someone else, and he couldn't do it alone because to them it might look like he was trying to prepare for an escape.

He then might have cooked, but that was shut down quickly after a guard saw him reach for a butter knife to cut the greens for a salad and was told he couldn't use it. What the fuck was he supposed to cut with then?!

And most other ideas were shot down pretty quickly in a similar manner. And when you have a bored god of mischief... well you get the idea.

Loki thought of Ross smirking at them being punished. He threw the object he was holding with all his anger at the door. Steve had to duck so the object wouldn't hit him in the face. Loki muttered an apology to Steve before going back to glaring at the wall.

Steve couldn't help the small smile that graced his features. He had just come from Bucky's room where the assassin had been in a very similar position as Loki.

Steve set down a bowl of popcorn next the the TV. Loki had really enjoyed it when it was introduced to him and it was one of the few good homemade things he could make without any sort of knife. He said nothing as he left the room with the angry god glaring at everyone and everything.

Loki sat in silence for a few minutes when the ceiling grate above his bed popped open and Bucky dropped down onto the poorly made bed.

Loki smirked a bit as he saw his friend face-plant. "Graceful," he commented as Bucky was pushing himself up.

"Stark made those vents like a fucking maze. Took me 15 minutes to get over here and you live two doors down from me."

"Like I said, James, he's compensating for something."

Bucky barked out a laugh. Loki called him Bucky around everyone else, but when it was just the two of them (aka when they snuck into each other's rooms) he liked to use the soldier's real name. And honestly, the soldier didn't really mind.

They understood each other when no one else did, to the point where Stark had started to call them "Lucky" which annoyed them both to no end. They liked each other as friends, but nothing more. They would always be there for each other though. In the short time since Bucky had come to the compound, Loki and Bucky combined had only three nightmares in the past week compared to the infinite amount in others.

So seeing each other fall from vents wasn't a new thing for them.

"I cannot stand being here anymore, James."

"Me either. But we both know that there is no way out with these monitors on us."

Loki growled at the mention of the accursed thing.

"So instead..." Bucky led off as he pulled out a copy of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the first 13 seasons of Supernatural.

Loki definitely did not let out an excited squeak. Bucky put in the disc for the movies as Loki grabbed the bowl of popcorn from the
table beside the TV.

No one else besides Loki, not even Steve, knew that Bucky was a huge geek. The two talked about The Hobbit and Sherlock all the time.

Loki turned into a cat, as he liked to do recently when he was very stressed and curled up next to Bucky on the bed. Bucky started brushing his fingers down Loki's soft fur, which was something he like to do when he was stressed.

Loki pawed out some of the popcorn from the bowl onto the bed so he could have some too. The two sat there for hours and hours watching the trilogy as neither thought they could sleep with the situation being as it is. As the ring was dropped into Mt. Doom's fire, the two finally dosed off.

Sam and Dean could wait till tomorrow.