Chapter 14

(No ones POV) 

Over the next few weeks, Katrina started to get better. Her body healed from the wounds and she was finally okay to go home. The doctors told her to take it easy, but she didn't care. She was just excited to leave the hospital and go home after such a long time. 

The little girl had forgotten about her Dream, as she described it, and wasn't so worried about anything. All was well in her life, but as we know, nothing ever stays perfect for so long...

(Kat's POV) 

I was walking with Gabbie. She was taking me to her work and we finally got to the building. It was like a thirty minute drive and it felt so long. Then again, I'm very impatient and I don't like when I have to wait for things I'm excited for. 

"Come on Kat, I have a meeting," Gabs says softly. I catch up and hold onto her extended hand. I look around the building. It was pretty, a lot of windows too. We had to get on an elevator, which I didn't like at all. When we finally got to the floor, a bunch of people were there to greet us. I said hello to them and they were all sweet to me. I liked them.

"Will you be okay here while I'm in a meeting?," Gabs asks and I nod. "I'll be okay! I'm gonna go around and meet everyone!" I tell her happily. She kisses my head and I wave to her as she leaves with her assistant to go to her meeting. 

I looked around her office, It was pretty. She had spiny chairs too so I was happy about that. "Oh hello" I hear a voice say behind me. I turn and smile at the man behind me. "Hi, I'm Katrina," I say and extend my hand out. The man shakes it and looks around. "If you are looking for Gabbie, she's in a meeting." I inform him. He nods and walks to her desk. 

"Who are you?" I ask as I walk next to the desk. "I'm Luka, Gabbie's boyfriend, and you are her best friend she loves I suppose?," He asks. I nod happily. "It's nice to finally meet you then." "Ditto." 

He finds a paper and reads over it. "Whatcha doing?" I ask him. "Just looking for a document," He says with a smile. He was odd. I'm guessing he just didn't like small talk. I walked out of the room, I didn't think he'd want me to keep trying to hold a conversation. I looked around and saw a few people talking in a break room. I walked in and smiled. "Hello I'm Katrina!" I tell them. They turn and smile, they seemed very welcoming. "Hello, I'm Raven it's nice to meet you." One of them speaks up. "That's Matteo and that's Finn." Raven points to the other two. "It's nice to meet you all." 

"Do you like working here?" I ask hoping the conversation will stick this time. "Oh I love it! the work environment is so nice here," Finn says. I liked him, he looked sweet. "Ehh boss could at least be a man. Ya know women can't really run anything. Too emotional." a voice says behind me. I turn and see a man, an ugly one at that, and considering his blatant misogyny, he was ugly on the inside too. 

"Ahh so you wouldn't mind me telling the boss how you feel about her? I mean if you can say all of that behind her back, why not say it to her." I tell him with a smile. He looks at me and chuckles. I give him a serious look and his face drops. I see Gabs walking to her office so I call her over. 

"Hey Kat, what's up?," She asks when she walks up to us. "This man here has a few things to say to you," I point to the greasy man next to me. She turns to him and crosses her arms. "Go on then, tell her what you said to me." We look at him but he is quiet. "Aww don't tell me you forgot already? Should I remind you? let's see, as I recall you said women can't run anything and you would much rather have a man as the boss." I say to him. Gabs raises her eyebrow. "You said all of that? if you wanted you could've just asked to get fired." Gabs smiles at him and rips off the ID card on his shirt. "Goodbye," She says and he walks off with his head down.

"Thank you Kat." Gabs kisses my head and I smile. "Anytime Gabs." I tell her. "Oh also your boyfriend is in your office" I say and she nods before walking to her office. 

I turn back to the group but they are gone. The suddenly everything starts morphing away. I sigh and look around, my eyes land on a figure.

***************************************************

Heyyy people! Sorry for the wait! This is the second to last chapter so that's fun, or not. anyways I hope you enjoyed!

I love all you girls, gays, guys, and non-binary pals! <3

WC: 870

Bye Angels!