I felt him relax as he snuck in a few whiffs of my scent.

"What do I smell like to you?" I asked curiously. I've always wondered why he took such pleasure in my scent. Probably for the same reasons I do, he smelt delicious. His scent always calmed me and replaced every previous emotion with pure serenity.

"You smell like heaven." He said with extra emphasis on heaven. I chuckled and looked up at him.

"Can you be more specific?" He took another whiff of me and a low growl rumbled in his chest.

"Honey....brown sugar...and citrus." he said inbetween a few more whiffs. I nodded and smelt my wrist to search out the scent, I came up blank and furrowed my brows. I couldn't smell anything! He laughed at me again.

"Only mates can smell each others distinct scents, I can smell yours but I can't smell mine. It's the same for you. What do I smell like to you?" I mouthed the word 'ass' and made a stank face, trying to mess with him. He narrowed his eyes at me and I bursted out laughing. The guards tried to cover up their laughs with a cough, it only made me laugh even harder.

"Ash...." He warned. After a few moments, I calmed down.

"Okay okay, you smell like...vanilla...warm spices..and sandalwood." I said after smelling one more time.

"Sounds like I smell pretty damn good then." He said grinning to himself. I shook my head and smiled.

The elevator stopped with a pinging sound and the silver doors opened, revealing a double doored entrance into our suite. There was a gold plate next to the doors labeled 'Suite Présidentielle' in a fancy script font. Rayne reached into his pocket and pulled out the card key to the room. He slid it in the slot underneath the doorknob and the tiny light that was red turned green, signaling that we can enter. The guards rolled our luggage in and nodded once more before they left.

I took in the decor of the room. It was cremé colored with dark brown and gold accents all around. The bed was king sized and what caught my eye the most was the balcony. I opened the doors to be met with the most breathtaking view of the city's skyscrapers and the speeding cars down below. In the distance, I could see the snow capped mountains if I squinted my eyes hard enough.

"You like?" Rayne asked looking around the room.

I shook my head in awe, "I love."

The room was lovely, I wanted to explore some more but I was drained. I kicked off my shoes and went to charge my phone in a nearby outlet by the nightstand. I stripped down to my underwear and grabbed a t-shirt and underwear from my suitcase, then entered the bathroom. I took the steaming hot shower I so desperately needed and brushed my teeth soon after I was done. I joined a sleeping Rayne on the plush bed and dozed off to bed soon after.

----

I couldn't sleep at all. I wanted to tell her that I loved her, a lot. Hell, I'm still having a hard time believing that I could love someone so much I put their needs before mine. When I designed our bedroom back home, I didn't care about what I wanted I just cared about what she'd think of the room. I wanted her to love it, to be happy with me in it. I wanted it to be in a more...romantic setting. We want the best of the best for our mate, she deserves it. My Wolf added in. He was right, she deserved everything and more and I was so thankful for her.

Right when I was about to give up on Fate, she came into my life. She was innocent, hardworking, smart, unbelievably beautiful, and the thing that mattered the most was that she was all mine. I turned my body to face hers. She was sound asleep, she looked so peaceful. I felt a pang of lust and admiration as I appreciated her features. Her pink plush lips, button nose, high cheekbones, and her smooth chocolate skin. I didn't know how I was going to tell her but by all means, I was going to. I needed to tell her how much I loved her, even if she isn't on the same page as me yet. I thought it was obvious that I did but I realized, something as important as that needed to be expressed out loud. Ashlyn made me realize a lot of things but out of all of them, that was the most important.