Chapter 19- 생일

Start from the beginning

"Yeeeeyyyy!"

Everyone clapped.

"Thank you, everyone!" I shouted as I took the cake from Jimin's hands.

"Happy birthday again, Jungkook." Everyone gave me a tap on the back and my shoulder as they dispersed for a break.

"Jungkookah, how old are you now?" Jin-hyung asked ironically, wanting to tease me about my age.

"Not as old as you," I replied with a chuckle.

"Mean," he mumbled before touching his finger on the cake and quickly smearing the icing on my cheek as the rest of the members burst into laughter.

"Yah! Hyung! I just had my makeup fixed," I yelled, gawking my eyes at him. If not because of the cake I was holding, I could have done my revenge.

"Happy birthday again, maknae," he replied before licking his finger with a grin.

I just ignored him and put the cake down on the coffee table, securing it in the middle before the ball that Rapmon-hyung and V-hyung were playing would hit it. "Who wants dessert? Just come and take a slice here!"

"I think you'll be the only one who will eat your cake," Yoongi-hyung said, who was already seated on the couch and watching at me, not even showing interest in taking a taste on the cake.

I just smiled and joined him on the couch, making the mattress bounce. "If no one wants it, then I can just eat all of it." I grinned before taking a slice from the chocolate cake. "Wait- from whom does this cake come from? Shanshan?" I expected it was from her, for I hadn't received any text from her since this morning. I thought she was the one who sent me the cake, trying to surprise me.

"The cake? Uh, we forgot to tell you. It is from our manager," Hobi-hyung replied before focusing on his phone again while sitting across us.

"Ugh. It's not from Shanshan." I felt a bit disappointed but still grateful. "Manager-nim, thank you for the cake!"

Our manager turned to face me while eating with the other staff around the table, then nodded and gave a big thumbs up. "Happy birthday!"

I gave a smile before pulling out my phone in my pocket. Still no message from Shanshan. "Lee Shanshan. Did she forget that today is my birthday?"

^^ AUTHOR ^^

"Run BTS will go on!"

"Dallyeora..."

"BANGTAN!" Everyone chorused in front of the cameras.

Just after the director said "CUT!" the BTS members immediately left their spot and ran happily to their dressing room, removing their mic on their way with excitement.

"I'm going hoooome~" their eldest sang while he was the first to reach the dressing room to change his clothes.

"Everyone, please don't forget the mics," their audio director said while chasing them. "Your mics your mics! Ah, they're so happy to go home that they always neglect to remove their mics first."

Someone tapped his back. It was Yoongi, calmly removing his mic and handing it over to the director. "Don't worry director-nim, I'll remind the guys."

"Thank you, Yoongi-ssi."

Yoongi made a small smile before leaving to wrap up too. Just then, he met the youngest along the hallway, putting on his jacket and bucket hat. "Yah, you forgot to return your mic," the older said, walking continuously.

"I was about to return it," Jungkook mumbled as he made his way back to the set. "When I get home, I'll be meeting with army on Vlive." He thought as he made a smile. This has been a tradition among the members. Each time a member's birthday arrives, he connects with his fans through Vlive and celebrates with them.

After everyone was settled inside the van, the vehicle started to take off towards home. Namjoon and Jin were at the back chatting and giggling silently, not enough to distract Yoongi, who was already knocked out on his seat. Jimin and V were playing games on their phones while J-Hope was had his eyes closed and listened to songs from the headphone on his head. Jungkook kept his eyes wide open while they were on their way home as he filled his gazes with the posters of him along the highway, billboards, or even the buildings filled with greetings and wishes for him. Today was his birthday, and every fan did not forget to celebrate this day with him.

He paused to open his contacts from his phone and message Shanshan. Until now, she was not texting him. "Even if she's busy, she could have texted me even just a short message on my birthday."

"Hey... what are you doing?"

He stared on the screen after pressing 'send.' Minutes later, he still didn't receive a reply. This made him start to worry. "There must be something wrong. I need to call her as soon as we arrive home."

^^ JUNG KOOK ^^

The sight of familiar apartment buildings came into my view as we approached our dorm. "Everyone, we are here now," I mumbled, but loud enough to stir their sleepy state.

I heard a yawn from behind, obviously from Yoongi-hyung. He slept all through the ride. I envy how he comfortably falls asleep everywhere. "Are we there already?"

"Hm," I answered.

The rest also started to wake up and prepare themselves. I grabbed my bag and wore my hat again, ready to jump out of the car, and ran to my room to take a shower and finally take a rest before opening VLive App. The vehicle came to a stop right in front of our dorm.

"Okeeehhh!" Without waiting for the driver's announcement, Hobi-hyung opened the door and started to move out.

I followed, only to stop in my tracks to see a red car parked not far from us, its owner leaning against it with her arms crossed, making me grin.

"Lee Shanshan."

^^

^^. . ^^

^^ JK's birthday is next month. I can't wait T_T ^^  10/08/21