Chapter 19- 생일

^^ JUNG KOOK ^^

More than two years have passed since I learned that my long-lost best friend is Lee Shanshan. The memory of me punching the wall in my bedroom after knowing that she kept her real identity from me was still fresh in my mind. I was so shocked and unable to believe the many unexpected truths that were revealed to me. Shanshan's parents tricked us, and his father even made a plan to kill my dad, which was very impossible to believe. And Lee Jihyo concealed herself to me as Lee Shanshan, afraid that I hated her for leaving ten years ago. But all of these things that happened are memories that brought our relationship closer. We are on good terms now, and we reflected on the past as lessons for us to keep going and be there for each other no matter what happens... cause what are friends for?

Lee Shanshan already has a stable life here in Korea, away from her family's control. She already had her gallery reconstructed into a larger building, and frequently went home to Busan to have their old family house renovated. Sadly, she stopped going to our photoshoots because Ms. Lily's contract had already expired, and Shanshan had to focus on her work as CEO. I'm proud and happy for her. Despite being alone, she can settle a successful life in Korea without her parents' support. A strong woman... that's the Jihyo I know... but sometimes I don't understand her. There are times she becomes stubborn and childish, and somedays argue with me like an annoying sibling in front of my parents. It was just like the old days. That's Jihyo... ugh... I mean, Lee Shanshan. I really should avoid saying her old name in front of her. She hates it. But uh... how I miss calling her Lee Jihyo instead of her new name.

How about me? As usual, I've been performing with the members, we traveled last year for our world tour, and now we are preparing for our comeback. The difference is that every day gets tougher and busier, and having quality time with Jihyo or my family becomes limited. They all understand, and I was thankful for that. Sometimes they visit me and other times I make time to see them. Our family got more attached to Jihyo, more like we adopted her since we consider her a part of our family. Mom said she wished Jihyo was born into our family, which made my body shake with awkwardness. She can't, or else she'd be stealing all the love from my parents.

^^. . . ^^

I opened the door, finding it strange to see that the light in the room was off. "Everyone's not here. Did I enter the wrong room?"

I checked the door number. "Room 113... hm. That's what the staff told me... or did I hear it mistakenly?" I shook my head. The staff said earlier that the other members of BTS were in this room while I was having my makeup done. "I think I should go and ask the staff again." Before I could turn my back and leave, I heard something move, making me face the darkroom again.

I heard a whisper from a corner, making my eyebrows furrow with suspicion.

"Manager-nim, is that you?" I asked as I slowly stepped inside. "Stop teasing me!" I yelled at the empty room. I could feel a presence, not only from one person but a lot of people. "Come on~" I chuckled.

Suddenly, the light was switched on, revealing my members and our staff standing inside the room. "SURPRISE!"

"Ah! I knew it!" I grinned after letting out a sigh.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNGKOOK! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNGKOOK... HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY TO YOUUUUUUUU!" Everyone sang as the members approached me, and Jimin-hyung was lifting a cake in his hands.

I just cracked a smile, touched with the simple effort they prepared.

"Make a wish make a wish!"

I closed my eyes in front of the cake. "Please grant my wish to spend time with my family and best friend, even just for a short while." I burst my eyes open and blew all the candles.