Chapter 7- The Promise

"Jungkook is here- he's here! What should I do?" I looked down at my shoes to hide the panic in my eyes. "Just act normal. If he recognizes me, I will tell him I never met him before. Right. No, I can't lie to-"

"D-did you say that RM is here??!" Lily blurted out, excitement drawn all over her face. "Oh my god, my bias is here! Let's go see them. Come on!"

The negative thoughts lurking in my mind suddenly disappeared with Lily's intense enthusiasm while Min-ho and I exchanged awkward glances, making my tensed shoulders relax a bit. While she took a flight down to the ground floor, we followed slowly on the stairs.

"Jealous, are you...?" I whispered to my assistant.

"A bit," Min-ho answered, a pink shade forming on his swollen cheeks.

I let out a chuckle and pat his lower back. "Don't worry. It was just a crush. Unnie knows her parents won't let her date an idol, anyway."

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Min-ho turned to me and asked, "Then to whom do her parents want her to marry?"

"Someone who is business-minded. A man who can help lead their company in the future, because soon, she will become an heiress but her family knows that she was indifferent to it."

"You both share the same passion... and family background. Is that why you're friends?"

"Maybe," I smirked before patting his shoulder and walking away.

When we arrived at a corner, Kim Namjoon was the first to notice me and greeted me with a bow. Another handsome man who I expected to be Jimin also bowed to greet us. He was so gorgeous in person.

There were other groups of people- obviously their fans- gathered around them while taking pictures and murmuring at each other but tried to maintain their distance to give their idols some private space.

Just then, I spotted the person I longed to see at the same time, the person I was most afraid to meet- Jungkook, who was desperately looking up at the photo on display- making me start to tremble on my knees and become lightheaded with his presence. I inhaled, gathering all my strength and courage, ready for any consequences. I didn't want to think of what could happen next if he recognized me.

"Sorry for troubling you. I already explained to my friend that it is not for sale, but he doesn't want to listen," the BTS leader explained.

I gave him a nod, telling him that it was alright. But when I glanced at the photo, dang. I nearly stumbled. I realized why Jungkook wanted it so much. It was the promise I wrote at the treehouse with my handprint on it. I took a picture for display, never expecting that Jungkook would come and lay his eyes on it! He must be flustered because only the two of us knew about that place.

"Jungkookah," RM gave him a nudge, distracting him from his thoughts and eventually turning his head to our presence. "She's Lee Shanshan, the owner of this gallery."

I held my breath, praying that he would not recognize me. But when he slowly blinked and met contact with my eyes, my heart skipped a beat. "A piercing?"

What a surprise. My best friend was so innocent before I left him. Now he had a tattoo and an eyebrow piercing too?

"Ah, neh," Jungkook bowed. "N-nice to meet you... Ma'am."

"We have the same age. There's no need for formalities," I answered almost with a sigh while I kept glancing at the piercing that added to his attractiveness. I was relieved that Jungkook wasn't surprised to see me, but I still prayed that he would not recognize me afterward.