chapter ten

Fifi's dress ^

"My feet hurt" Fifi whined lagging behind as Mayella, despite the past 2 hours of shopping was still marching up and down the street with purpose, she was a woman on a mission Fifi thought.

The 2 hours of none stop shopping was very enjoyable for Fifi, she was in awe of Mayella she'd never met someone quite like her. She was assertive and unapologetic, Fifi thought she would make a perfect superhero. Although she had deeply enjoyed spending time with Mayella, Fifi feared her legs would soon give out to exhaustion.

"One more shop Fi, now move those little legs!" Mayella ordered as she searched up and down the street filled with high end shops.
Fifi liked the nickname she had appointed her, it gave Fifi a feeling like Mayella too was warming up to hers.

They entered a boutique with a name Fifi couldn't understand due to the language barrier, something she was finding more prevalent than expected. She wondered aimlessly around the shop as Mayella conversed loudly to the woman behind the counter in Italian.
She really didn't need anything else, they had bought so many dresses, shoes and jewellery Mayella had to call Ray to come collect their bags as it was too much to carry.
Fifi blushed slightly at the memory of Ray, he was very attractive and had asked Fifi if she would try on her new clothes for him. She was hesitant since he was a stranger but ended up agreeing as he flashed her an award winning smile.

Fifi was brought out of her daze when her eye caught a dress so beautiful she was lost for words.
"That must be what princesses wear" she muttered softly under her breath. She suddenly felt regret, she had let Mayella get her all those things and now she couldn't get what she wanted most. The ethereal blue gown that hung beautifully off the mannequin in front of her. How Fifi wished to undo the last two hours, she bought so many dresses she didn't need the one in front of her, but she so desperately wanted it. So bad she even felt a tinge of envy as she stared at the life sized doll looking so elegant and beautiful in the dress Fifi would never get to wear.

"Oh Fifi I was just about to show you this one" Mayella came by her side, too busy admiring the dress herself to notice the pout her friend was sporting.
She called out something in Italian before translating back to Fifi, "She's going to go get it in ur size, I saw it and just knew this was the one for you".
"But I already bought so many dresses Mayella" Fifi sighed.
"Come on Fi it will hardly put a scratch on your daddy's card, beside this shit is limited edition, best of the best"
Fifi hummed in response, she could feel her self being convinced.

Slipping on the dress Fifi had made up her mind, daddy would understand when he saw it. It was made for her she rationalised.

"I feel like a princess" she shyly admitted to Mayella, who came up behind her pushed her hair to the side and zipped her up.
"You look beautiful" Mayella smiled sincerely, Fifi thought it was a good look for her.

A Black Bentley picked up the girls taking them back to the King establishment by 4pm.
Fifi spotted her brother in the patio, slightly leaning on one of the mansions many carved water fountains.
She parted ways with Mayella, skipping over to her brother, "Ellie!" she chirped.
As she stepped outside she realised Eli was accompanied by all the boys, well apart from one.
"Oh, good afternoon Jack and Caden".
"Hello little princess" Jack replied pulling a cigarette from his lips, Caden didn't bother only sending her a half smile and nod as his cigarette sat precariously on his lips.
Fifi scrunched her nose at the smokey smell, she didn't understand why they all insisted on smoking when it smelt so disgusting.
Eli picked up on this and dropped her cigarette before stepping on it, "How was your shopping bubba?" He asked all whilst sending murderous states to the boys making them also put out there cigarettes.