Chapter 34 - Real Threats

- Sam, I'm impressed with you... - Teryl was smiling very satisfied - The work you did on Saturday was simply amazing! You managed to reverse this mess in less than 24 hours!

- Played with Tanner, played with me! - She laughed - But you know, all this information technology scares a little... As you build, you can destroy in minutes...

- That's true - Teryl looked worried for her - What about Harry?

- Oh, Teryl, I don't know... And I think that worse than Harry did, is to know that Carol is involved... She seemed so sincere when she spoke with me in Brazil...

- I also didn't realize that she was able to do this... She must be desperate!

- Well, the important thing is that everything was settled and took a lesson in Harry - Samantha laughed - Now let's talk about other things, huh?

The two friends still talked a while about schedules, itineraries, photo shoot, and also about some trivialities.

During the week, Samantha finished the article about Top Gear and sent to the layout team, and took advantage to produce the online version to put on social networks. Once finished, she decided to check her emails and there was a Chef Antonio message: "Sam, I will arrive on Saturday at the international airport of San Francisco by American Airlines. Tony " - Samantha wrote down all flight data to pick he up and responded to his message.

She paused for a moment, snuggled up in the chair closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was still feeling a bit tired and didn't know why... Was she stressed? She began to feel sleepy and with an almost uncontrollable desire to sleep, and didnt notice that Tanner had entered her room.

Tanner looked worried for her. He had noticed in the morning that she had a bit of dark circles and couldn't eat well. Maybe it was the time to make a visit to the doctor. Samantha worked too hard and needed rest. He approached the chair with care and gently slid his hand over her face. Samantha smiled recognizing that wonderful touch and opened her eyes.

- Hi... - He said caring.

- Hi... - She was still smiling.

- Are you okay?

- A-huh... I'm just feeling a little tired and sleepy... - She laughed - I think I need vacation...

- I agree with you - He smiled - Let's go home?

- Yeah...

They talked all the way and Samantha spoke about the arrival of Chef Antonio. Tanner decided to go with her to the airport, because with Harry free out there wasn't good idea leave her alone for a moment.

Samantha barely touched dinner and went upstairs. Once Tanner finished two work calls, he went up to the room concerned with Samantha, and found her lying on her side on the bed, hugging a pillow, deeply asleep. He sat beside her and put his hand gently on her forehead, but she was no fever. Tanner took a shower and lay down beside her, wrapping her with his embrace protectively.

Tanner was thinking to talk to Teryl to give a few days off for Samantha. Since she started working at Rockstar she had gone through many difficult situations and other very hard, as in Jamaica, and without mentioning Harry, who decided to torment her life and who knows how long. He gave a soft, tender kiss on her back near the neck, and closed his eyes trying to sleep.

At about two in the morning, Samantha woke up feeling Tanner hug, his heat on her back and his breathing near her neck. She smiled and placed her hand over his, which was "holding" her belly. Tanner, who was with a worried and light sleep, felt her move, woke up and kissed her shoulder.