Chapter 29 - Championship End

The team meeting took much longer than expected and Tanner arrived at the chalet at one in the morning. He tried to be as quiet as possible, because he was sure that Samantha was sleeping. When he closed the door, he heard a low voice coming from the room.

- Tanner? Is that you?

- Hi, sweetie - He said and walked into the room - Still awake? - She went up to him and snuggled in his arms, who embraced her tight.

- I missed you... - She looked at him and searched for his mouth for a passionate kiss - I love you...

- I love you too... - He caressed her face and smiled - I'll take a bath to relax a bit... This meeting was very tense... - He gave her a passionate kiss - Then I'll tell you, ok?

Samantha was lying on the bed, thoughtful and looking at the ceiling. Tanner's presence made her feel safe and secure. Maybe she was afraid of Harry and so had that nightmare. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

She heard the bathroom door open and Tanner's bare steps across the floor. Soon she recognized his scent into the room and felt a great feeling invade her soul. Samantha opened the eyes and saw him approaching the bed, smiling, lying beside her and taking her to in his arms. He gave a tender kiss on her forehead and a passionate on the mouth.

- You said the meeting was tense ... What happened?

- The Organization canceled the race in Peru, and as they have no time to find a new location and organize the structure, decided that this of Trinidad and Tobago will be the last.

- And they said why was canceled?

- Peru is experiencing climatic problems and the site where happen the race is flooded.

- Really? - She raised her head to look at him.

- Really... - He caressed her face - Good thing in this place people weren't affected...

- This is good news - she smiled.

- And now I'm under pressure to win this last in order to conquer the championship - He smiled at her - The nice thing about all this is that we can get together another two or three days after the race...

- Yeah? - She smiled and bit her bottom lip.

- Yeah... - He smiled and looked at her mouth - You drive me crazy every time you do this...

- I don't know what you're talking about... - She smiled innocently at him.

- No? - He pressed her in his arms.

- No... - She laughed, and Tanner kissed her deeply, leaving her breathless. After kissing her a few more times, caressed her face and looked tenderly at her.

- When we get back to California, do you want to stay in my house or prefer me to stay in yours?

- I don't know... I didn't think about it yet... - She looked at him - Do you think it's really necessary?

- I don't want you to stay alone... - She smiled at him and kissed him passionately.

- I love you... - She smiled and kissed him passionately again. She decided not to tell him about the nightmare because thought that would worry him for nothing, and he needed concentration to win the race.

Samantha was sitting at a corner of the pits editing the film that had just finished producing about Tanner's training. She was concentrated working with her "loyal" notebook, and didn't realize that Tanner was looking at her from time to time, smiling, and thinking how much he loved her... One of the mechanics woke him from his reverie.