"The invite is only for one," Lisa answered. "I don't want to go without you by my side."

Lisa's short answer instantly made Chaeyoung smile. Her wife was so sweet. "When you say only one, you mean you are not allowed to bring a companion?"

"Hmmm..." Lisa nodded.

"Why do you think that is? Isn't it weird?"

"That's why I chose not to attend."

Chaeyoung fell into silence as she started to analyze everything. "You can still bring me without an invitation," she declared, attracting Lisa's gaze.

"Let me be your bodyguard," Chaeyoung stated, her eyes sparkling as she raised an eyebrow at Lisa. "I mean... the mighty Heir of the Manoban Conglomerate should never go anywhere without one. Right?"

"How smart!" Lisa said before pulling Chaeyoung onto her lap. "My wife seems to be smarter than me."

"Of course!" Chaeyoung purred as she snuggled closer to Lisa. Her eyes were full of gentleness. Chaeyoung was almost a hundred percent certain that someone had wanted Lisa to attend this gala alone.

Chaeyoung was not yet aware of the goal, but if she was right, then this gala would introduce her to some of her old enemies.

Speaking of enemies, her eyes seemed to turn a little shade darker than usual. Minnie was still on the run. Now Yuri was in the same city as her. She wondered if Henry was also somewhere within this city.

Lisa's parents' accident had caught them off guard, not allowing them to execute some of their plans. However, since Chaeyoung had already decided to establish the Wang Empire, she would need to concentrate on her enemies soon.

After the merging, she would surely focus on those people again. Of course, that included the secret that Lisa was keeping from her.

....

"I hate that woman!" Irene declared after drinking a glass of water that Yuri handed. "How dare she even think of seeing herself as my competitor?"

"I agree with you. However, you need to be careful. She might use her connections against you. Who knows how many men that woman had." Yuri said as she gently smiled at her friend.

"Hmp! Let's see how far she can go with her connections." Irene sneered. "By the way, I finally saw your sister. The one who bullied you. I know you might not want to hear this, but I just want to inform you."

"Really? How is she?"

"Well, she is as arrogant as you said." Irene answered. "It seems like Lisa follow her like a goddess. I remember when we were at the restaurant, she told Lisa that she was already hungry, so Lisa decided to throw us out of the restaurant. Hmp.. she must have feared that we will get Lisa's attention away from her."

"A while ago she also ordered Lisa to take care of us. She even dared to call us foxes. After that Lisa immediately signaled the security personnel to take us out." Irene added. "So in those two instances that we saw her, she always asked Lisa to take care of us, then Lisa would order to throw us out."

"If my guess is right, then that Chaeyoung should be afraid that someone else will take Lisa's attention away from her."

Yuri Park laughed inwardly at Irene's words. No wonder Irene was not able to get Lisa's attention. Her stupidity was off the charts.