Making it Up

Chanel POV

So when I said that I'll make it up to Kian, I wasn't lying...

I am thinking about what he would like, so that he won't be upset anymore.

My ringtone interrupted my thoughts. I answered it without checking the caller ID.

"How many times have I told you to check who calls?!" The voice burst through my ears.

I did a double take and shouted out, "Dad!"

"Hey, kiddo, a little robin told me you missed me, so I thought, 'Why not give my only daughter a phone call?' "

"That robin wasn't lying..."I said, sadly, while pouting, even though he can't see me.

"Well, this is the reason why I'm calling. I called to tell you that I'm coming back to the States next week. Just for you and your brother."

"Oh my God! Dad that's fantastic!" I squealed through the phone. Okay, I admit, I'm a major daddy's girl.

"That's not even the best part. I talked to your mom, and during your spring break vacation, I'll be taking you to Spain, and we'll hang out for two whole weeks."

He talked to Mom?

"Dad, that's unbelievable." I said, slowly, still not taking in all that information.  The last time we've been together that long was about two years ago...

"I know, sweetie. I have to go to work now, say hi to your brother for me, and I can't wait to see you guys."

"Okay, Dad, see you"

"Bye," he said and hung up.

I sighed. This is just perfect! I miss my dad. To all of the people who have their fathers with them, I envy them.

My phone turned to its home screen. My wallpaper was a picture Justin took of me when I was checking if I looked okay in the mirror. It just made me feel confident because it looked so good.

Wait... Justin?

I have an idea.

I pressed speed dial, on the third ring, the person I called answered.

.
.
.
.
.

"Hey Kian," I whispered peeking through his door. He was sitting on the floor, eating salmon. I'm allergic to that.

"Don't talk to me," he said, not looking at me, "no one in this family likes me. I smirked, he's such a drama queen, just like his sister.

"That's  not even true.  I decided to make it up to you and we're spending the rest of the day together..."

"Are you serious?!" He squealed. I nodded.

"Just pack some extra clothes, you know, just in case."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay...?"

I smiled at him, and walked out.

.
.
.
.

"Are you ready?" I turned around to face Kian, who was in the back seat. I was sitting beside Alfredo, who was driving, because I'm not a professional driver, and Mom doesn't allow me to drive when Kian is with me. Or drive in general...

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" he whined.

I shook my head, "Nope."

"If we are spending the rest of the day together, why is he here? Is he your boyfriend?" he complained, referring to Fredo.