"You're gonna knock his socks off," she said as she waved her curling iron around, "or, preferably, his boxers."

I hit her side playfully, trying to hide the fact that I sincerely hoped she was right. "Thank you for doing all this, though." I smiled at her, and she smiled back, patting my head with her free hand before twirling another strand of my hair around the hot tool.

"That's what best friends are for!" She grinned widely at me, and leaned down, holding my hair in place. "But you know I'll want details, right? About everything. We're having lunch tomorrow."

I couldn't stop my laughter, just as I couldn't say no to her. It was already decided, and I was looking forward to it.

My hair ended up looking like I was going to a red carpet, rather than on a date. It was wavy, shiny and gorgeous. I'd never managed to get it like that before, and I always missed a tiny piece in the back when I wanted waves or curls. Elina was a natural—and I told her so, amongst an ocean of other praises and thank you's.

"You'll pay me back with deets," she told me firmly, nodding as if to reinforce her point, "tomorrow at one."

"I can't wait." I hugged her before we both heard the unmistakable sound of Damian's Audi outside, and I walked out as the engine stopped.

Damian stepped out of the car, clad in his usual dark shirt and suit pants, but with a red tie around his neck. Something told me Elina had something to do with that, and as I looked back she winked and grinned at me, before the door shut and I was alone with my mystery man.

"Holy fuck," he muttered as I came closer. His eyes were almost black, so full of lust and longing that I almost said we could skip the date and go back to his place. But I didn't. "You're the most beautiful being on the planet, Isabelle. Every time I see you, you make my jaw drop."

I thanked Elina for the makeup tips; my foundation and blush did a good job of concealing my real blush, and I looked up at him through my thick lashes.

"Thank you." I then bit my peach-coated lip and reached up to touch his tie. "You're making my heart skip a beat." I wasn't sure why I said it. It was true, of course, but that wasn't something one said out loud, was it?

Damian pulled a strand of my chestnut hair behind my ear, and smirked. "I almost want to take you home and peel this thing off right now, but...I made reservations."

I smiled. "I wouldn't mind."

It felt like I had the upper hand, but somehow I knew I didn't. He was always in control, and I loved that. He was easygoing, he spoke his mind, and most of all I loved that he didn't hide anything. Not even his dangerous side.

"I know you wouldn't, sweetheart," he said, his forehead touching mine, "but I promised you dinner."

"And lupines," I added, but the only response I got was a smile. Then he walked around the back to open up the trunk, pulling me with him by my hand.

I gasped.

Inside the back of his car laid bouquets of lupines in all colors. Pink, purple, orange, white and yellow. It was completely filled up, one even fell to the ground, and Damian picked it up and held it up to me. It was thick and full of life and color, and I loved it.

"You can have all the lupines you want," he whispered, pressing a soft kiss to my temple. My heart skipped a beat when he did that, and I fought tears. It was the loveliest thing anyone had ever done. It was so precious, so pure and so...loving.

"Thank you," I managed to get out, and he chuckled before closing the trunk and leading me over to the passenger side. He opened up the door for me, held my bouquet as I sat down, and gave it back once my seatbelt was on.