*Ariel's point of view*

I was sprawled on my bed, wearing only my pyjamas and it was almost six o'clock. I had to decide whether I'd visit mom or not and that was one hell of a decision. Dragging myself out of my bed, I took a long shower thinking that I shouldn't be a bitch with her. Yeah she threw me out of the house but she was my mother after all.

As I got out of the shower, I got dressed with a pair of skinny jeans, my white doctor martens boots and an oversized loose white knitted jumper that fell over to my one shoulder making half of the tattoo visible. After getting dressed I did my make up; I had put some black eyeshadow to make my eyes pop out and some mascara and then did my hair, loose waves were falling on my shoulders, my freshly dyed hair looked as red as the fire. Slipping my black coat on, I grabbed my purse and squeezed everything in.

When I stepped out I decided to walk over to my mom's house. The slight breeze hit my face, making me shiver slightly and wrap my coat around me tighter. My fingers were too cold for rolling a cigarette, hell they were too cold for even taking them out of the pockets.

Knocking the door with my knee, I waited for a few seconds.

"Who is it?" My mother's quiet voice echoed behind the door. I gulped suddenly feeling too nervous to answer. So I waited for her to open the door even the slightest to see me. And just as I guessed the door opened the slightest and a pair of dark brown eyes peeked.

"Ariel?" She asked and opened the door more, I guess so she could get sure if it was me.

"Hey mom." I smiled slightly as she run down the two steps and hugged me tightly. Hugging her back I smelt her faint chocolate perfume. Wow she was really different. As I pulled back I saw she was wearing pyjamas and her hair was now a chocolate brown colour.

"Wow. You sure changed a lot." I said and she pulled me inside with her. The house hadn't changed though, but it was clean with a few dim lights open. When we both got to the kitchen a tall man was standing in front of the stove.

"Ariel this is my friend Paul. Paul, this is my daughter Ariel." She said and the man turned around smiling at me. He had jet black hair that was starting to get gray at some parts and beautiful black eyes. He was masculine and definitely taller than both me and mom together.

"Nice to meet you." He said and I nodded, shaking his hand.

"I am so glad you could come over! Come sit down, we were about to eat!" She said and ushered me towards the table.

"Uh, mom, I am not staying for long, I just came to see how were you and wish you Happy New Year. I am really sorry but I will stop by another day if you want me to." I tilted my head to the side and stood up again. She grinned widely and nodded her head furiously.

"Definitely! I missed you a lot.'' She said and led me towards the door. "Honey I am really sorry for all the trouble I caused you." She whispered and her face finally showed remorse.

"It's okay I needed it. We'll talk about this another day, we should be happy tonight." I smiled at her and hugged her softly. "Oh by the way, this guy seems to be a keeper." I winked at her and opened the door heading out.

Soon Ian came into view with a nice black jeep, beeping the horn. I made my way towards him and quickly got inside, smiling at him. He was wearing a white shirt with a black leather jacket and a pair of dark jeans.

"You look gorgeous." He smiled at me and inched closer to peck me on the lips.

"You too." I grinned and tried buckling my seatbelt effortlessly. I was getting really frustrated until I felt Ian's hands on mine. He looked at me as I heard the click.