twenty-one

a/n: The last chapter got fast reads. Omg, I'm surprised fr. Trust me, Jeonghan isn't doing shitty things on purpose (maybe he did🙄)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You didn't have a choice. It will be hard to work at a company as big as YJ if you quit now and you don't know if you'll ever have a chance like this again.

You were hesitant to answer Jeonghan, who's just looking at you right now. Your eyes look at him, and from the look of it, Jeonghan already guessed the answer.

"Your desk will be just outside my room. I'll give you the whole day to transfer your things," he said, not looking at you and focusing on his work.

You sighed and walked away to start cleaning your desk.

After you left, Jeonghan exhaled a breath of relief. Some part of him was scared that you might quit.

He knows your angry, but he had no choice. When the doctor said that you lack rest, he senses something is wrong.

He went to the monitor room and watched the CCTV recordings of your department. After seeing how your day usually goes, he clenched his fist.

That's why you're tired, the reason you need to stay until late at night to finish your work, and why you're sick.

The whole department is being shittyful for asking you to do everything for them.

You had to skip lunch to finish all the pending works while the rest of them didn't do much and ordered you to do this and that.

You were new staff, and they thought asking you to do anything will be easy because you were in no place to disobey.

Jeonghan was mad. He was close to firing them or go to the department himself to give them a good scold.

But by doing that, it will create rumors about him being biased towards you, and Jeonghan knows you hate it if words are going around about you both.

The whole day he kept thinking, what can he do to help you. Jeonghan can't bear to let it go and let you suffer for who knows how long.

And that's when he decided that he wants you to work as his secretary. It wasn't to make you stress. He wants you to have proper work, and he'll make sure you'll gain benefits from it.

He has everything planned, and he will make sure everything will go well.

____________________________

"Do you have to move?" YeJin asked you while looking at you packing all your things.

"I don't know. Should I just quit?" You asked her back.

"No, don't!!" She panicked and flustered, which made you laugh.

"Why don't you try working with him for a few weeks?" Mina said, and you frowned, not understanding what she's trying to say.

"Yeah, she's right, and from there, you can decide to stay or to leave," YeJin agreed with Mina.

"But please don't leave us," YeJin continued after, and you chuckled.

"You guys are dramatic. We still can have lunch together, you know,"

You finished clearing up your things and took the last box of your belongings. Before stepping out, you turn around and look at your desk one last time.

It was a great two months experience. You didn't forget to bid goodbye to your colleagues and said that you would often come although they didn't seem to care.