Chapter Twenty-Nine, The Immortal Cup

Hope had turned one years old, two weeks ago, normally parents would be ecstatic and nostalgic; which Merlyn was, but she was also filled with grief as they feared that her best friend, Leon, was dead. The rest of his party had been decimated; that is until there was a knock on the door to her chambers while the family of three were relaxing on the bed. Merlyn was just thankful Gwaine hadn't been apart of Leon's party.
"Come in." Gwaine sighed, pressing a kiss to Merlyn's and Hope's foreheads as the door was pushed open to reveal George.
"What is it George?" Merlyn asked her friend as she finished dressing her one year old daughter.

"The King has requested everyone's presence in the Council Chambers." George informed his friend with a kind smile.
"We'll be there shortly." Gwaine stated. Nodding with a small bow George left the chambers allowing the family to ready themselves.
"Let's go see what the tyrant wants." Gwaine sighed, wrapping a comforting arm around his wife's waist as she held their daughter on her hip. What Gwaine didn't know, however, was that they were expecting another child, Merlyn had just been about to inform her dear loving husband when they had been interrupted.
"I suppose we must. But I have something to tell you afterwards." Merlyn told him, a nervous but excited smile upon her lips.

"What is it? Uther can wait! Are you alright?" Gwaine asked concerned, knowing his wife had been rather sick the past week and a half.
"I'm with child once more." Merlyn whispered, an anxious note to her voice before a startled yelp left her throat as she and Hope were scooped up into Gwaine's muscular arms as a joyful laugh escaped his lips.
"Mama! Dada!" Hope giggled joyfully, clapping her hands as her cerulean eyes flashed molten gold; sapphire coloured butterflies suddenly appeared around the soon-to-be family of four.
"This is wonderful news! I love you my Merlyn bird!" Gwaine exclaimed exuberantly, pressing a loving kiss to her lips. "And I love you my little ray of Hope." Gwaine said, pressing a gentle, loving kiss to his Princess's head of curly midnight locks. 

***

As the family entered full of smiles and laughter at the news Gwaine had just received, it would seem like they were the last ones to arrive if the poisonous glare Uther and Morgana sent them was anything to go by; but they ignored them for another thing caught their attention. There standing in the middle of the circle before the three thrones was the once-lost Sir Leon clasping hands with Arthur.
"Artie! Leo!" Hope squealed excitedly, clapping her hands as she caught sight of her uncles, and gaining everyone's attention once more as she babbled excitedly bouncing in her father's arms. Thankfully her eyes hadn't turned fully gold with her excitement this time, only the barest hint could be seen that it could easily be passed off as a flicker from the candlelight if one looked closely enough.