"Oh... it's okay. I did not mean to make you uncomfortable. No worries... you don't have to answer my question."

"Oh, no… no, I'm okay. I'm sorry I... it's just that... my father, he wanted to cancel my engagement." She answered, fixing her gaze on the wine glass in front of her. Sadness was apparent in her eyes.

The thought of her engagement getting canceled was breaking her heart.

The man just stared at Wendy before nodding. "I understand... I know the feeling."

"You do?" Wendy asked as her eyes instantly lit up.

The guy just shrugged in response. "Been there. My family canceled my engagement two years ago. Guess they wanted me to stay single forever. Huh."

"By the way, I did not get your name?" Wendy asked, her curiosity peaked. It was very unusual to meet someone who would have experienced the same situation as hers.

"My name is Paul Patterson. But feel free to call me Paul."

"Nice to meet you, Paul… I am Wendy. Wendy Choi." She said before giving him a shy smile.

"Wendy..." Paul smiled, showing his perfectly straight teeth in response. "Seems like your name is as beautiful as you."

...

Wendy woke up in the middle of warm, soft sheets.

She burrowed her face into the pillow as streaks of sunlight penetrated through the window, blinding her.

Not even a second passed and Wendy instantly snapped her eyes wide open.

Where the hell was she?

She immediately rushed outof the sheets and sat up on what it seemed to be a king size bed.

But before she could even drag her feet out of the bed, the coolness of the air hit her making her hug herself as she shivered.

Then her eyes widened...

This time from horror.

She was...

Naked?

What happened last night?

She roamed her eyes around the room as her heartbeat raced.

After making sure that she was alone, Wendy wrapped the sheets around her naked body and went to the bathroom to examine herself.

And what she saw in the mirror horrified her even more.

Her body was... full of bruises. Purple kiss marks and bute narks everywhere.

Immediately tears started to roll down her cheeks.

Who the hell did this to her?

.....

"Is it done?" Chaeyoung asked the tall man in front of her.

The man nodded without saying anything. Then he gave Chaeyoung a USB.

Chaeyoung accepted the USB before plugging it to her laptop.