he made me happy/i love you

Word Count: 6080

(LMFAO SO THERE'S GONNA BE SOME BS IN THIS CHAPTER THAT ISN'T CANON TO MINECRAFT MECHANICS- SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, I PUT IT IN FOR THE PLOT TO PROGRESS.)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

The raids on the camps and villages usually went well, lighting shit on fire, stealing from grocery stalls, overhearing conversations about ourselves, but that doesn't mean that we'd walk out of them unharmed.

Not when about twenty soldiers circled us.

We ran, obviously.

And they shot arrows in our direction, some running towards us, attacking when they could.

We settled in a clearing after running for what felt like forever, the men slowly but surely stopping the chase.

"You alright?" Techno asked carefully, our hands linked. It was almost a tradition to run away from the mess we make hand in hand, now.

"I'm fine, how about yo-" I was cut off when I looked over to the man, who held his stomach in pain. "Techno."

"I'm fine- I'm fi-"

"You're not-" I unlinked our hands, holding him by the shoulder and shoving him lightly towards a tree. "You are not fine." I panicked slightly as he backed up into the tree at my force, leaning on it. We both slid down to the floor, him sitting while leaning on the tree while I squatted down beside him. "Oh my gods- how the fuck-"

"(Y/N), you're panicking-"

"-of course I'm panicking!" I shrugged off my bag, opening it for the medical kit.

"They just slashed me a little, it's okay-"

I unzipped the pack, pulling out supplies. "It's really not, it's not." I reached back into my bag for my water skin. "They stabbed you, Tech." The nickname slipped out. It usually wasn't used, but Techno never seemed to mind, so I don't know why I ever hold back.

"They did not stab me." He almost sounded offended as I popped open the cork.

"Well you're going to bleed out so that's great." I poured water slowly into the wound. "Just great, amazing."

Techno grabbed my wrist, his rougher skin on his thumb on the softer of my wrist. "Calm down, I'm not going to fucking bleed out." I snapped my head up at him as he tilted my wrist back to stop the water. "You're literally hyperventilating."

"I'm-" I caught my breath, slower this time. "I'm not."

Techno reached out his other hand and it rested against my cheek, running his thumb gingerly over my face.

As he ran over a patch of skin that was closer to my eyes, I felt it.

I was crying.

He wiped away a tear.

"(Y/N), look at me, I'm fine." He pulled me closer, wrapping me in a hug as his hand went to my hair. "You're fine. We're both alive, okay?"

"I'm sorry." I muttered into his shoulder as I buried my face there, "we've had so many close calls and I really can't afford to lose you right now." I relaxed in his embrace, supporting myself with an arm over him so I didn't touch his wound, the water skin still in one hand. "I can't."

"It's okay." He comforted softly, "I can't lose you either." He ran his hand through my hair soothingly, "we both have to stay alive, alright?"

I pulled away slowly, "then let me dress your damned wound." I sat back on my knees, wiping my face with the back of my hand.