do it for him

Word Count: 5117

(a little section of this chapter is inspired by the song "do it for him/her")

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Ugh! My gods, (Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N)." A very tall, very disappointed boy was walking over, "you don't feed chickens with wheat." Ranboo snatched the wheat from my hands and gave me a container of seeds, merely just walking by. He was gone in no time, "Do you know nothing?!" He walked away. I sighed and threw the chickens some seeds.

Techno was not far, planting potatoes. It was a steep learning curve, but once he learned the skill of potato planting, that man was a potato machine. He had come over a few times with a proud glint in his red eyes, showing me his barrels upon barrels of potatoes. I just smiled and nodded with a small 'good job'. It was like praising a toddler, but the smile that Techno gave at the small praise made the stupidity of the situation melt away.

"How's it going, you three?" I turned away from the chickens to see Phil walking towards us.

Ranboo walked up to the blond man, well, he actually just appeared out of nowhere. "terrible, (Y/N) just tried to feed chickens wheat- and all Techno will do is plant potatoes." he gestured to us, and I gave a wave sheepishly.

"Alright then, may I take them from you?" Phil asked, a brow raised.

"Please." Ranboo nodded. "I could do better myself."

"Come on." He nodded towards the field with a head pat for Ranboo, who sighed at the touch.

Techno and I both gave a groan, and I passed the seeds back to Ranboo as Phil walked away. "Good luck." the teen wished with a nod, I nodded back. Techno soon caught up and we walked towards where Phil left.

We arrived in the same field as yesterday, the wind making the grass sway a little. "Who wants to go first?"

"... first?" Techno echoed.

"You two are shit, I need to teach you some things." Phil spoke as if it was obvious. "One on one." He added, summoning two wooden swords out of thin air.

Gods.

"I'll... go first, then?" I stepped forwards, and Phil gave a satisfied nod, swatting Techno away. He nodded and sat down a bit away, near the treeline, under the shade. He was far enough so that he couldn't really hear anything we said. Not unless he focused hard. "(Y/N)." Phil brought my attention back to him. "So, in order to fight well, you have to have a purpose." He handed me a wooden sword. "What's your purpose?"

"To get the kingdoms to get along?"

"No," He twirled around his own sword, an amused smile playing on his lips, "That's your goal. When you're fighting, do you fight to harm someone? Kill? Protect? When you're on the field with Techno," he pointed towards the man who was now being approached by a curious bird. "What would be your purpose?" Techno let the animal jump towards him, half asleep already.

"Uh..." I scanned my brain, I don't exactly want to hurt people. It was never my intention to kill someone purposely, so that wasn't it... I play defensively. "To make sure both me and Techno are... safe?"

"Right, so." Phil raised his wooden sword, and hit it against my ankle, catching me off guard. "Stance." he reminded me, and I corrected it. With a small 'right', "You would do it for him, and you would do it again." He hit my sword again, and I pushed forwards to hit him back. "You'll protect your kingdom at all costs, so that is to say you'll do it for him. He's your last chance." He blocked my hit, "So take that purpose, and use it." He hit back with such force that I fell back a little. "Keep your stance wide, and keep your body lowered." I stepped forwards to hit his sword back, but Phil swatted at my ankles with his sword again, "as you're moving forwards, balance is the key." He glared at me, "take one step at a time; left foot, right foot, follow that pattern." I tried again, and Phil blocked my attack with a smile, "Good, now go faster." I went to take a few steps back. "And as you're moving backwards, keep your eyes on me.