love, your older brother (and your accomplice in treason)

Word Count: 4845

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

When we got out of the village's vicinity, the cool morning air paining my lungs every time I breathed, a sense of pride found it's way to my chest.

"Oh my god we just did that!" Techno stopped, loosening his grip on my hand. It lingered for a moment, his rougher hand on my softer one. He turned to me, a sparkle in his bright red eyes. "We just did that." He echoed himself, as if realizing it twice. I giggled, supporting myself with one hand on my knees. He looked down to me, "are you okay?" He asked in between small chuckles.

I laughed harder, "Yeah." catching my breath, I smiled at him, "I can't believe that we just did that!" I pushed off my knees, settling my hands on either side of my hips. "That was so cool."

Techno looked over with a sense of amusement plastered on his face, a small smile forming. "You really enjoyed committing treason."

"It wasn't the treason that I enjoyed, it was the arson." I laughed. The smile I wore was wider than Techno's, cheeks flushed from running and laughing way too hard.

"Fair enough." Techno nodded, reaching out a hand. "Want to take a break before we head somewhere else to burn down or trash?"

I nodded, "you want to make some lunch?" I asked, shrugging my bag off my shoulders, the heavy object landing on the floor with a thump. "Phil gave us supplies."

"Of course." Techno nodded, "I'm starving."

I nodded too, sitting down on the lush grass, laying down some cooking supplies. I paused as I saw the fire supplies in my bag, "We probably shouldn't start a fire, since... well, smoke," I explained, "But what do you want to eat, kind sir?" I asked with a faux accent, a teasing tone to my voice.

"Anything you can whip up."

I nodded, and turned to the items at hand.

"Wait-" Techno started again, "Can I help?"

I turned to him with a pleasantly surprised smile. "You wanna help?" I laughed softly.

Techno was never one for cooking, which was well demonstrated by that one time when he tried to help Ranboo and almost burnt down Phil's entire cottage. So getting Techno to help wasn't the best idea, but Techno nodded at the question. "I wanna help."

"You're going to cause a forest fire." I half joked, laying down the ingredients.

"You literally said that we shouldn't start a fire." Techno raised a brow.

"Oh, right," I laughed awkwardly. "Then, you wanna think of a meal to put together?"

Techno nodded a little, sitting down in front of me, and reached out for the ingredients. "Go take a break."

I blinked, "You said that you want to help, not take over." I crossed my arms in a joking tease.

Techno looked mildly offended, I wasn't sure if he was kidding, it was always hard to tell. "Well, why do you care?" His voice was teasing, though, "go plan the next thing or something, I've got this."

I doubted it, but I just smiled and nodded, hoping whatever Techno was going to make was edible, at least. Grabbing the map, I waited for Techno to make the food as I mapped out how to get to the next- "Wait Tech."

Techno looked up, "Well that's new."

I paused, thinking about what I just said, before I smacked a hand against my mouth. "Sorry, it just slipped out."

Techno laughed, a laugh that made a little part believe that Techno could be capable of a giggle. It was bright, and it bubbled with each small noise, the laugh was one that could make someone smile easily. A slight flutter sat at the bottom of my stomach. "No no," His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "I like it, just continue."