While having coffee, he was thinking that it happened so good to him that being from UP Cadre, he was posted in a city if it would have been a remote area or village then his life would start from home to office and then again back to home.

After finishing his coffee, he thought to inform in his home. He called his mother. She was pleased to know that he reached safely.

"How are you going to manage your food and clothing?" She asked out of concern.

"Ma, don't worry. Here, we have servants for all such things." He assured her.

"...but still the way things are done at home cant be compared, beta." She said in an unsatisfied tone.

Rishi said notorious way, " Then, why you don't come here, Ma?"

He added, " Come na Ma, we can live here together."

His mother said sternly, "How can I come leaving your father all alone...?? Besides that, I have responsibility of whole house on me." She took a pause and then asked,

"Why don't you get married, beta?"

This is only one question, that Rishi always wanted to avoid. After what happened with Nishita, he did not want himself to get into it so early.

Rishi said hurriedly, " Who said Ma, I'm not fine?" I'll manage with them. No need to worry."

They talked for some more time about the journey then Rishi hanged down the phone. Later, he started wondering about what will he do with the rest of the rooms. Like such a spacious house for only one person is too big even if he brings his wife then too it had ample of space left for both of them.

He decided that one room will become his study in which he could do all his office work and the rest will remain as it is. After having lunch, he went to his room to take a rest.

Though at starting, due to the new place and changed bed, he was not able to sleep. Later, within a short span of time, he dozed off because of the tiredness of the long journey.

Hence after, getting much-needed sleep, he felt energetic as well as refreshed after getting up in the late evening. He soon freshens up and came out for a walk to visit a nearby area that can be covered within walking distance.

He was impressed by the location of his house

He was impressed by the location of his house. It came under the posh area of the city. The surroundings and lush green trees make it more inviting for early morning walks besides that the basic facilities of groceries and veggies were also available at the doorstep.

He came back buying some essentials and then rested on the armchair of his room. He was talking to his other IAS friend Niharika, who had been with him in the same coaching from Delhi. He had many IAS friends but he was more close to her as both of them prepared from the same place.

After the results, they again got together for two years due to training in Mussorie. She was from MP Cadre. He asked out of curiosity,

"How are things going, Niharika? Where have you been posted?"

"Indore." She replied.

"Woah...that's sounds great." Rishi was quite amazed.

She asked, "By the way, where the hell are you posted? Is it a village or some remote area?"

He chuckled, "Well, Noida seems to be the party place...."

"Oh My God, better than me. You always wanted that and see, finally, you fall into the right place... I want a party Rishi. We should meet and celebrate in the coming days. What's say?" She said in a teasing tone.

"Of course, just let me know beforehand.." He agreed right away.

They had some chitchat and then soon ended the call. Thereafter, he got busy unpacking his luggage. After about half an hour or so, he heard the sound of knocking on the door. He yelled to come in. His servant came to call him for dinner.

He informed him that he will soon join him. Later, after arranging all things in their proper place, he went to the dining hall for having dinner. He soon rests in bed along with a book to have a fresh morning start for his next day.

This chapter was specially written for giving you a glimpse of life finally after being a government officer. Quite inspiring na??

Niharika seems to be a good friend of Rishi. Let us wait for their party.

Make sure if you like this chapter, you do not forget to vote and do comment to let me know what you think about this chapter.