Chapter 5.

After another 2 days Envy was summoned to see father. He wasn't just going to give him his usuall report there was something else behind it. I waited in my room or cell or how should i call it and waited for him to return. When he finally did i was curious what father wanted from him.

~What did he want?

~I musn't guard you whole time thanks to you, not trying to escape. I finally got some other orders beside guarding you.

~Must be great to go out. I wasn't out for i don't even know how long. And what kind of mission you have?

~Yeah i can't wait and i have to take care of someone.

Envy told and i immediately knew he was going to kill someone. I could care less so i didn't mind it at all.

~Well then, good luck. I'm gonna read for now.

~Don't try to escape or i will make sure to-

~Yeah, yeah i know. There is still no chance even though you won't be here. But at moment my chances would be higer than 50% even by 1% then i'm escaping.

He gave me annoyed look and left. I started to read new book and waited for him to return. After about 2 hours he came back with grin plasered on his face.

~Why are you so happy?

~I was able to kill someone after so long. That Huges guy knew too much. He found out the same thing as you did. And best part was that i killed him with face of his beloved wife. Such a great feeling.

~You killed Huges? Well i'm sorry for you right now.

~Huh? Aren't you at least a little bit sad? I just killed your collegue.

~I'm not sad at all. I just knew that he existed. He isn't someone important to me. As i said before everyone important to me died long time ago.

~But still you knew him, talked with him and all. I saw you talk with him multiple times.

~How- oh i know. Focker right?

~Yeah.

~Let me ask you one thing. Did he mention me or something like that?

~No why?

~Was he searching for me?

~As far as know, no.

~Here's your answear. He doesn't care about me. As you can see noone even care that i disapered. I'm sure he didn't even knew that i'm not at work. Why should i care about someone who doesn't care about me?

~Uhm i dunno. You know what? Fuck it. It looks like you're as heartless as i am.

~Yeah that is possible.

I told with stone cold expression and voice.

~Looks like Ed and Al doesn't even know that i'm missing. They probably didn't want to wait for me so they asked Huges to research the same thing they told me to reseach. I really have noone in this world.

I was thinking untill Envy spoke to me.

~Here eat something. I can't let you die here.

I switched my attention to him and thanked him for food with sad smiled expression. I ate all food. It was delicious again. I really enjoy eating even though it's really restricting to eat with cuffed hands. Envy seemed to notice that i'm not exactly allright but before he had time to ask me anything i told.

~It was delicious again

I pushed trace closer to him and hissed in pain a little.

~Looks like you used some tips i gave you last time we were talking about food.

~Yeah i gave it a try and it really works good. Not bad on stupid human.

~Thanks i guess

I smiled a little. This smile was really forced one. My wrists were hurting from moving and eating while being cuffed and my mood wasn't great either.

~What's wrong with you today. You don't look like you at all.

~It's nothing. From when do you care about me?

~I don't care about you it's just that it would be pain in the ass if there's something wrong with you. And i can see you are not allright.

~Heh well you got me. I'm sad and i don't know what to do about it.

~I knew that you cared about that man-

~No. It's not because of that man. It's because after all noone cares about me. Noone cares if i'm allright nor if i'm alive. Even Ed and Al doesn't care about me. I didn't give them answears they were seeking so they asked Huges instead. Noone in this world cares and that makes me feel kinda sad. I am alone in this world.

I told and Envy was speechless for a moment.

~I didn't want to tell it but you are not the only one. Do you think that there is someone who cares about me? No there isn't. I'm hated by my siblings and father is just using me. Only reason why i'm working for him is because i enjoy lot of orders i get and if i try to go against him i'm goner. He is too powerfull for anybody to handle.

I didn't expect this kind of answear. I'm starting to feel that we are even more similiar than i thought.

~At least i'm not in this situation alone.

For a moment there was awkward silence but i broke it with question.

~Do you play any card games? Maybe joker or-

~Yeah i know how to play joker. What. Do you wanna play?

~Yeah at least i won't be bored. But i'm really good at it.

~Tch. I'm better. I'm playing it for about hunderets of years.

~Huh? How old are you??

~About 400 years. I'm not sure anymore.

~Fuuh. You are really old.

~You got a problem? I look still young and cute.

~Yeah you do. I don't have problem. I'm just surprised.

I told and he looked at me for a moment. After that he went for cards and when he came back he dealed them. And that was when problem began. With cuffed hands i couldn't even grab cards nor throw and take even single card. I sighed and looked at Envy.

~Sorry but we have to cancel our game.

~Huh? Why?

I looked at my hands, put them up and soon he understood.

~I can't even hold cards like this not to mention how impossible it is to take one card and throw it away.

Envy facepalmed and sighed. He looked me into eyes and told.

~Just for now because i really like this game.

He changed his finger into key and unlocked cuffs that restrained me. I immediately held my wrists but it hurt me so i stopped and took my cards. We played lot of games but our score was still the same. Right now it's 37-37. We can't beat each other more than 2 times in row. After this many games i was exhausted.

~Let's call it a day and we can continue tommorow. I'm really tired.

I told and Envy sighed annoyed. He stood up from bed took cards put them on table and came back. He get ahold of cuffs and wanted to place them on me again but i moved my hands away.

~If you are going to resist i'll never put them down again.

~It's not that. I just- can you put them on after i fall asleep please?

He looked deep into my (E/C) eyes.

~Aghh fine. Just hurry up and sleep.

He told and i thanked him. I layed on my side and after 5 minutes i fell asleep.