Chapter 16

"Let's go, kitty," a deep voice growled at me, obviously annoyed. I whipped my head up to see Atticus' brooding eyes and clenched jaw.

"What the fuck are you doing? You're ripping my arm out of socket, asshole," I yelled over the music. I turned my head a bit to the side to see Sav following us. She turned around and flipped off Chrystal and I smiled a little before turning back around to Atticus. "Let go of me Atticus! Kitty? Seriously?"

"Go back to the table, Savannah. I need to talk to Hattie," Atticus instructed over his shoulder and Savannah obeyed. Atticus continued yanking me to a dark, empty hallway that led to an exit sign. When he pulled me in, he whipped me around and held me against the wall. His face sat just inches from mine but I was so angry, I didn't care.

"What the fuck is your problem, Atticus?" I shouted.

"Look, I understand you were angry and you have your gun, but they aren't toys, Hattie. You can't whip it out in the middle of a college bar just because some girl hurt your feelings," he spoke at me like I was a child. I looked back at him in confusion and disbelief.

"I was reaching for my phone, dipshit!" Atticus' eyes grew wide and after a moment, he glanced to the side, realizing he was wrong and had completely misinterpreted. I laughed at him coldly. "There are pockets on the back of my skirt. As much as I would love to shoot Chrystal in the face, I know not to do it in the middle of a bar Atticus, Jesus."

Atticus sighed and leaned against the wall, his hand right beside my head. I stared up at him defiantly, waiting for an apology. He ran a hand through his black hair and looked up at me, his eyes black.

"What was she saying that made you so angry?" He asked.

"She thinks I'm a slut for living in a house full of guys," I responded quickly, not giving a shit about what Chrystal thinks. "Are you going to apologize?"

"Is that what Savannah thinks as well?" He asked, genuinely concerned. I grew angry all over again.

"Are you fucking serious? Why do you give a shit what Savannah thinks?"

"Well, because...she's your friend. She doesn't hate you now, right?" He looked uncomfortable. Which made me even angrier.

"If she does, then that's my business. Why are you so concerned with Savannah?" I could feel my breathing getting harder. I just wanted to slap him and walk away.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why are you so mad, Hats?"

"Don't. Don't fucking call me that," I snipped at him. "I came here to dance, so if you don't have any more objections to me pulling out my damn phone on the dance floor and you're not going to apologize, then remove your arm so I can leave."

He paused for just a second too long so I pushed past his arm propped on the wall and stomped to our table. He murmured something as I walked away but the music was too loud and I didn't care anyway. I snatched my drink off the table and stared at the guys and Sav. The anger started to slowly roll off of me.

"I want to dance, who's up for it?" All of the guys perked up a little before I continued. "Who's the best dancer?"

They all immediately started groaning and cursing under their breath.

"Well shit," Keegan rolled his eyes.

"Fucking Cash," Hudson chuckled good naturedly.

I looked over at Cash as he lounged back in his chair, smiling up at me. I smirked and held out my hand. He rose from his chair and sauntered over to me.