𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, oh and I never caught your name." The woman brought a hand up to her face. "My apologies, my name is Julia."

"You have a beautiful name Julia." I saw a blush creep it's way on her face. "Thank you honey, I see why my son has come to like you. It would be hard not to." This time it was my turn to blush. "I need to go with my husband," she rolled her eyes, "but you have a good night." She was pulled away from me by her husband harshly, not giving me a chance to say the same.

I scanned the room looking for a man with dark hair and emerald green eyes. I didn't see him but I could feel his presence. I turned around to feel Diavolo's body slightly pressed against me. "Hey," I shot him a smile. "I'm sorry if I caused you trouble at the dinner table, but that man wouldn't stop touching me after I asked-'' Diavolo brought his big, ruff finger to my lips. "Shhh, you shouldn't be apologizing. If anyone should be apologizing I should be me. I should have known better than to let anyone other than Vince, Grey and I near you," Diavolo sighed angrily "he won't touch you ever again. Let's go, the car is waiting for us." I smiled at him again and we walked out of the house. I turned back to look at him once more. "Thank you."

We sat in the car without a word being spoken. The awkward silence was broken when I arrived at a big building. I opened the door slowly. My ribs started to get more painful as time passed. The pain medicine I took beforehand was wearing off leaving me in more pain then I would like.

This is going to be a long and painful night. I'm sure if it.

I slowly got out of the car holding my bruised ribs, well I did so Diavolo came to the same side as me and put his hand on my back leading me to the doors with him. His touch was gentler than normal.

The second the door closed shut behind us everyone was quiet. Men and women were staring, their eyes went to Diavolo then to me. The women in the crowd gave me dirty looks, well the men eyed me like I was a peice of candy. I was starting to get nervous, not because I was scared of all the people in the room who were most definitely cold-hearted killers but that if something were to happen I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

I think Diavolo could tell because he interlocked our hands and gave me a reassuring squeeze. He has never given me any sort of comfort before so this was definitely a start.

We walked into the room to a group of men. "Remember to listen." I look up to him and smile. "Diavolo!" A pale man exclaimed. "Jackson." Diavolo's voice was completely emotionless. He sounds to have no interest in this conversation at all. Then the man next to him started talking in Spanish.

"Oye, está muy bien. Me pregunto dónde la encontró Diavolo." The men chuckled grossly. (Yo, she 's hella fine. I wonder where Diavolo found her?)

I stood next to Diavolo pretending I had no idea what they were saying. The pale man turned around to face the men behind him. He spoke in Spanish again.

"No puedo esperar para matar a este idiota. Ni siquiera es tan bueno. Lo mataré y le robaré a su chica". (I can't wait to kill this dumb fuck. He 's not even that good. I'll kill him and steal his girl.) The men started laughing.

"Fue un placer hablar contigo Diavolo, nos vemos" (It was nice talking to you Diavolo, see you around.) The men were still chuckling as they walked away. Do these people not know that it's extremely rude to talk in a language that someone else can't understand when there having a conversation. Or do they just not care. I remember getting my nails done one time and the lady doing them kept speaking in her native language and I found it kinda rude. But I guess each to there own.