Chapter 12

Aelin~

I push more energy into my legs just as we reach the homestretch "I beat you" I yell out as Rowan comes just a second later.

"Yes you did fireheart" he grumbles into my ear. 

"What did you think" I say turning my attention to Sam.

"It was defiantly fast" he responds still in a slight shock.

"Not everyone from my court and Dorian's are here right now but they will be at our ball to celebrate the defeat of the Valg we're inviting all of the townsfolk! I better see you there" I tell Sam.

I feel a cold breeze down the back of my neck "I would have beaten you" Rowan whispers from behind me.

"Oh yeah" I say as I unsheathe my sword.

Rowan pulls out his twin daggers "Defiantly" he responds.

Sam~

I stepped back as soon as the two of them brought out their weapons. 

When the two of us used to fight she would normally win but I could hold my own against her for a while but  there is no way I could last for long against her now.

With the way she moves she looks like a Queen.

My heart jumped out of my chest when she threw her sword down onto the ground but Rowan followed suite.

Soon he's throwing daggers made out of ice and she's dodging around them as she throughs balls of fire his way.

While this is clearly only a fraction of both of their power I can still feel it radiating off of them in waves.

They finished nearly half an hour later with Aelin ending up on top.

Then she bounced over to me like she didn't just beat a centuries old fae warrior.

"So ill see you at the ball then" she asked 

" Of course" I replied with a smile on my face.

Sorry for the short chapter but until next time peace out!