Chapter 6

Sam~

I hadn't seen Celeana since she ran a few days ago but I was heading into a candy shop to get some chocolate so I could maybe try and smooth everything over. 

"Looks like we both had chocolate on our minds" a familiar voice purred. 

"Look I'm sorry about ye-" I started to say but she put her finger to her lips "don't mention it" she said.

We walked in silence for a while "What have you been doing for the past few years" I asked in a attempt to make the atmosphere feel less awkward. 

The silence remained for a few seconds before she answered "Well I competed in a completion at the castle in Ardalan about a year after we got separated thats how I met the Queen. During the war I helped her on the side as her personal assassin and thats how I got here" I finished. 

"We should do this every day" I said.

"That sound's nice but I have to do something for the queen I'm leaving first thing tomorrow and I don't know when I will get back" she told me.

"I could go with you. It would be just like the old days! Come on please" I asked. 

"Fine but if your late we're leaving with out you" she said after a minute of consideration. 

Aelin~

I hadn't left the castle in days for fear of running into Sam.

So of course it was just my luck that the one day I go out Sam is also there "Shit" I whisper under breath as I put on the mask of a sultry assassin. 

"Looks like we both had chocolate on our minds" I said after he spotted me. 

He tried to apologize for the other day but I brushed him of not wanting to think about it. 

"So what have you been doing for the past few years" Sam asked pulling me out of my thoughts. 

Shoot I did't think of what I was going to tell him I thought "Truths and Lies, Truths and Lies" Arobryn's voice echoed through my head. 

"I competed in a competition at the castle in Ardalan about a year after we got separated" truth. 

"Thats how I met the Queen" half truth Nehemia helped me find her again.

"During the war I helped her on the side as her personal assassin" lie 

"And that's how I got here" I finished. 

Then Sam mentions that we should do this everyday .

So I tell another half truth about how I have a job from the queen but we could do it afterwords.

Even though no matter what path I choose to take after the trip you will most likely hate me. I think to myself.

"I could go with you. It would be just like the old days! Come on please" he begged 

 I so desperately wanted to say no this trip was supposed to be the time were I decide what to do next but he just looked so exited I could't say no. 

"Fine but if your late we're leaving with out you" then I turn around and walk back to the castle. 

Until next time peace out!