Chapter 5

Sam~

As we walked through the town I could't help but smile, the girl who had filled my thoughts everyday for the past two years was finally walking along side me.

Even though she said she was now the queens assassin she still wore her hood and mask. 

A dark hooded figure normally strikes fear but the townsfolk just went on with their day some people even waved!

"They have the best donuts!" Celeana exclaimed, pulling me out of my daze as we walked into a bakery. 

Just a few moments later we walked out of the store each holding a donut and I was carrying a box for later. 

As we were walking a sudden urge came over me.

I dropped to one knee and pulled out the ring I had carried on me the whole time I was locked up "Celeana Sardorthian we've been apart to long and I can't bear to think of a life with out you. Will you marry me?" I asked. 

She suddenly tensed up and muttered something to herself "I just need some time to think" she said hurriedly then she dashed back around the corner.

By the time I follow she was already gone. 

Aelin~

Everything was going fine but then Sam had to ruin it by proposing to me!

I could't say yes, I was married and had a mate!

So I did the only thing I could think of and ran. 

.....

After taking the back-way into the castle I collapsed on a chair in the library.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked.

I look around for the source of the voice and find Dorian sitting on the chair across from me. 

Time seemed to pass slowly as I decided what to tell him, in the end I decided to go with the truth "Do you remember when I told you about Sam?" I asked.

"The one Arobryn killed?" he questioned.

I shook my head up and down to single that he was correct "That one but Arobryn never killed him, he just locked him up earlier to today he came in looking for help finding Celeana." I sighed. 

Dorian froze for a minute "So he's not dead" he confirmed. 

"Alive and kicking" I replied. 

"How did he take the new of you being a queen" Dorian asked. 

I averted my gaze from Dorians eyes and started fighting in my seat.

"He doesn't know?" Dorian said slowly. 

"No. But I figured I would just wait until the right time to tell him! Everything was going fine but then the basterd proposed to me!" I told him. 

"That sounds like quite a mess you've gotten yourself into" Dorian told me.

"You don't think I know that!" I said

Then I put my head into my hands "What should I do" I groaned. 

"I don't know" he said honestly "I know this probably dos'nt help but just do what your gut tells you what to do and if he gets upset he obviously isn't good enough for you" Dorian finished. 

"I guess but until I make up my mind on what to do ill have to avoid him, he'll get my answer when we come back from our trip I just need time to think" I confessed. 

"I'll give you some time then, I'll se you tomboy morning to head to Fenenharrow " Dorian said then he walked out of the door"

Until next time peace out!